Audible: Software Development Engineer II at Audible (Newark, NJ) (Newark, NJ)
Posted: Jun 22, 2019
Are you excited by the prospect of creating a world-class listening experience that enable customers to find and discover the things they love? Are you interested in massively scaling product infrastructures for Amazon sites and services across the globe? Do you enjoy solving complex data and application service problems to make powerful yet delightful customer experiences?
If so, we need customer-focused, innovative and driven software development engineers who enjoy working in an agile, fast-paced environment on highly visible products.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer to join our development team responsible for Audible's experiences on Amazon web platforms. Our mission is to introduce Amazon and Kindle customers to the power of the spoken word. We are looking for someone who will join our diverse team of developers to build and launch new features and solve complex engineering problems which will have a direct customer impact via web and mobile applications. This is an opportunity to have end-to-end ownership of a software product and apply your ideas from inception to the launch.
HOW DOES AMAZON FIT IN?
We're a part of Amazon: they are our parent company and it's a great partnership. You'll get to play with Amazon's technologies, but it doesn't stop there. Our team works directly with Amazon teams on Audible's experience on Amazon ecosystems. Audible is built on a strong foundation of Amazon technology and you'll have insight into the inner workings of the world's leading ecommerce experience. There's a LOT to learn! Your career will benefit from working with teams like Alexa, Search, Kindle, A9, P13N and many more.
If you are excited to own and solve problems, work with a creative dynamic team, fail fast in a supportive environment while growing your career and working on high volume frameworks that support millions of customers worldwide, we want to hear from you.
· Developing solutions: Envisioning, designing, creating, and supporting our solutions that operate with a high degree of operational excellence.
· Partner with product management to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that invigorates our community and inspires our peers.
· Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
· Adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
· Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
· Constantly strive to raise the bar on engineering excellence.
· Lead the way - staying up to date with tools, trends, technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community.
· Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience (4+ years).
· Great Java development skills building large scale web applications and APIs.
· Knowledge of Spring, SOA and automated testing.
· Well-rounded engineering skills; full-stack development experience - If you've built something in your spare time send us the link, we'd love to hear about it.
· Strong problem solving skills; adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
· A high-quality bar and a drive of continuous improvement; just-enough documentation, unit testing, code reviews, test automation, continuous integration & deployment and a preference for agile methods.
· Great communication skills - ability to think creatively and adapt the message to the audience.
Audible is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age