Siemens AG: Software Development Team Lead at Siemens AG (Fredericton, NB, Canada) (Fredericton, NB, Canada)
Posted: Aug 14, 2019
The Siemens Canada Limited Fredericton team is part of the global Digital Grid Software & Solutions Product House and is focused on developing and delivering software products that enable the green energy systems of the future. We bring the Internet of Things “IoT” to the electrical power grid connected to smart homes smart devices, and smart buildings.
The evolution toward a smarter grid is the most comprehensive, disruptive development to confront the energy business in more than a century. To help utilities realize the benefits of a more digital grid, Siemens is looking for a Software Development Team Lead to work on the R&D of its Distributed Energy Management System (DEMS).
As a Software Development Team Lead you play a critical role in helping Siemens achieve high performance in developing their Distributed Energy Management System and digital grid integration of this system. You will operate as part of a team of software professionals, designing and implementing new software and exploring new ways of solving complex problems related to the energy domain.
- Lead a team of software Developers in the construction of high quality software within agreed upon deadlines.
- Assume a high level of ownership of all work developed by members of the component team being led.
- Act as an advocate for the DEMS application and identify/recommend required changes to the underlying platform as required.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful product releases.
- Work closely with other team leaders and development teams when necessary to create software that is cohesive.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of component designs and related code.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of requirements, development of user stories, estimates and individual work plans.
- Ensure that projects are accurately estimated and delivered according to schedule.
- Maintain accurate project plans for software under development and report back to management on progress.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related technical equivalent experience
- 8+ years Object-Oriented development experience, preferably Java based
- 5+ years in a technical leadership role
- 5+ years Linux experience
- 5+ years Oracle experience or other RDBMS
- Experience with software design and best practices
- Experience with scripting and automating deployments
- Understanding of network connectivity and hardware trouble-shooting skills
- Must be able to interact with all support groups in debugging and problem resolutions
Start challenging yourself today in an environment that embraces diversity and rewards innovation with competitive pay, great benefits, and a global network offering real opportunity for growth and advancement.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.