Salesforce: Software Engineer All Levels (Senior/Lead/Principal) at Salesforce (Boston, MA) (Boston, MA)
Posted: Feb 14, 2020
As a Software Engineer, you will have a hand in innovating the technology that runs Salesforce. You will join a team of world-class, highly motivated software engineers to deliver a high-quality software architecture with the scalability and performance needed to match the staggering growth of our service. You will need deep experience with concurrency, distributed systems, proficiency with solving real-world data management challenges in large data systems, a strong understanding of how to architect solutions that are highly available, scalable and a proven ability to design, develop, and optimize the core back-end systems.
- Eat, sleep, and breathe services. You have experience balancing live-site management, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt
- Experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems
- Experience with managing large, complex systems in cloud-based infrastructure
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience, and performance
- Familiarity with crash-only and recovery-oriented software design
- Excited by building reliable, self-healing services on unreliable hardware
- Capable of driving and delivering thin slices of functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops in an agile environment
- Be passionate about automation
- Create, maintain and share technical documentation used by engineers and other team members
- Experience in a Linux/UNIX/Windows data center environment
- Any of the following languages: Java, C++, C, C#, Ruby, Go, Scala, Python, Bash, Chef
- Experience owning and operating multiple instances of mission-critical services
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
- Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence
- In-depth understanding of OOP, design patterns, data structures, algorithms, and concurrency
- MS in Computer Engineer/Science or related field, or
- BS in Computer Engineer/Science plus relevant job-related experience
- Experience with software-based infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, GCE, CoreOS
- Experience with container orchestration systems Kubernetes, Docker, Helios, Fleet
- Network technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, SQL, HTTP
- Experience with open source projects like HBase, Phoenix, Kafka, HDFS, Hadoop, Cassandra, Zookeeper, OpenTSDB, Logstash, ElasticSearch, Splunk, Puppet, Spinnaker
- Experience using SQL and/or NoSQL datastores e.g. Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, etc
- CI/CD experience with Jenkins
- Public cloud engineering on GCP, AWS and or Azure platforms
Cloud provisioning and infrastructure
Implementation experience of large infrastructure projects
Are you an upcoming or recent graduate (within the past 2.5 years)? Please check out our FutureForce program at www.salesforce.com/futureforce. We appreciate your interest but we are seeking industry experienced engineers.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce Ohana Culture
Accessibility - If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact the Salesforce.com Recruiting Department.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.