Univision Communications Inc.: Software Engineer at Univision Communications Inc. (Miami, FL) (Miami, FL)
Posted: Dec 21, 2018
The Software Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of software and scripts related to file-based media workflows to enable media movements between Univisions national networks in addition to across local Univision media markets.
- Lead software architecture with system integrations, including use of 3rd party RESTful APIs.
- Primary user interface (UI/UX) designer, working with users to configure and adjust commercial (off-the-shelf) application interfaces for maximum usability.
- Front-end developer for a dynamic software development team, working to design and implement web interfaces for internal-facing products and custom developed media management tools.
- Work with technical operations team to develop scripts and dashboards to monitor system performance, gather key metrics and generate reports.
- Work with business units to understand needs and develop project requirements.
- Identify automation opportunities within the media management space and develop maintainable software-based solutions, including client-side and server-based scripts.
- Create documentation regarding code deployment and support, training operational staff on software functionality and basic troubleshooting.
- Serve as an escalation point to internal teams helping to identify and resolve complex, software-based issues involving media management technologies.
- Assist in user support and training on key Media Management technologies as required.
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software
engineering or related field.
- Minimum three years of software development and configuration experience.
- Minimum three years of experience with at least one of the following scripting
- Minimum three years of experience designing and implementing user interfaces,
- Working knowledge of documentation tools like Atlassian Confluence, Jira, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of Windows operating systems, with the ability to perform
- Knowledge of versioning tools like GitHub, SVN, etc.
- Basic knowledge of relational database structures and SQL.
- Self-organized with significant attention to detail and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and address multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic
- Ability to work independently and with other members of a team.
- Demonstrated significant and strong interpersonal and written communications
- Proficient English Oral and Written Communication. Multilingual capabilities
- Ability to work regular hours and flexible schedules including weekends.
- Experience working in a software development team, preferably in an
- Familiarity with Linux and UNIX-based operating systems, including RedHat
- Experience with enterprise-level Media Asset Management or Digital Asset
- Experience working with MAM automation, preferably in Interplay MAM and SWoDL,
- Experience working with users to gather and create development requirements.
- Experience creating and documenting test cases.
- Some experience with video production and post-production technologies
- Some experience with development on Microsoft platforms, including ASP.NET,
- Basic knowledge of key components involved in storage systems including SAN,
- Basic knowledge of networking and protocols along with basics of router and
- Basic knowledge of business process modeling conventions and tools.
Working knowledge of a front-end framework (ex. Django, Rails, Flask, web.py)
basic administrative tasks.