Deepfield Networks: Software Engineer (Backend) at Deepfield Networks (Ann Arbor, MI) (Ann Arbor, MI)
Posted: Jan 12, 2018
Who We Are
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Deepfield is a Nokia owned company that builds the analytic and security solutions that monitor and defend over 90% of internet backbone networks. We produce cutting-edge research at the intersection of data science, visualization, and network analytics, and we create, deploy, and maintain the largest global network analytics platform. Come join us and help advance state-of-the-art network intelligence.
What We Do
At Deepfield, a Nokia owned company, our customers are the internet - from content providers to global network operators. There's no shortage of data in these environments; the challenge is to turn that data into actionable information for everything from strategic business decisions to automated network operation. The biggest players in the industry are turning to Deepfield for answers.
It isn't enough that our products be intuitive, engaging, and beautiful - they also need to be reliable and scalable. That's where you come in: You'll work on a small team to help define and, most importantly, build the backend to a business intelligence application that allows the user to navigate, analyze, and explore massive data in ways that anticipate the questions they need answered.
Our ideal candidate is a software engineer with at least two years of experience writing production-quality software as part of a larger team. This isn't a "connect-the-dots" dev position — you must be able to take loosely defined, complex ideas and run with them, working toward that elegant result.
• Write clean, scale-able, and testable code
• Participate in code reviews
• Contribute to architecture/design discussionsQualifications
Skill set requirements
• Writing code that runs on large Hadoop clusters over terabytes of data every day
• Writing in Python, C, or whatever language is appropriate for the project
• Day-to-day Linux, Git/Mercurial, all from the shell
• Thriving in a fast-paced, quickly evolving, tech start-up environment
• Contributing to a collaborative, dynamic, and diverse team
• Experience leading a team or mentoring other engineers
• Familiarity with common networking protocols and terminology
• The excitement of having immediate impact across a global customer base and some of the most important internet companies
• A group of people that actually enjoys hanging out together! We have frequent company events such as demos, tech talks, outings… oh, and did we mention food?
• The opportunity to apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
• Innovative teammates with diverse interests and hobbies
• A relaxed, flexible, and fun environment located in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor stocked with plenty of snacks and sunlight