Autodesk: Software Engineer - CAM at Autodesk (Novi, MI) (Novi, MI)
Posted: Sep 13, 2017
The Opportunity - Based in Novi, Michigan
Autodesk is looking for a talented Software Engineer to work on the development of our state-of-the-art Integrated CAM (Computer Aided Manufacturing) solutions, Autodesk HSM, built for Autodesk Fusion 360, Autodesk Inventor, and SOLIDWORKS. The software you help create will quickly get into the hands of real customers using high-end manufacturing machines, as well as makers, on the forefront of a new manufacturing frontier. Together with our in-house experts, our users form a substantial and highly enthusiastic community that you will be engaging directly with, and encouraged to be a part of.
You will be working as a member of a strong development team, collaborating closely with team members in Denmark, US and UK. You will be responsible for contributing to the design, architecture and implementation of our world class CAM software, primarily focusing on areas related to CAD Integration, with an emphasis on user experience. We are proud of our relaxed, yet focused, team environment.
- Design, develop, implement and maintain high-quality code for software enhancements and new products.
- Support customers and partners during Alpha/Beta phases to identify and resolve product defects.
- Produce clean, maintainable, well-documented code in adherence with internal standards.
- Troubleshoot and debug code in an efficient and systematic manner.
- Use performance analysis tools to test subsystems for optimal performance on multiple platforms.
- BS or higher in Computer Science (preferred), Mathematics, or Engineering.
- Good English written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills, with an ability to learn, and a passion for solid code.
Additional Useful Experience
- C++ programming (Windows, Mac, Linux).
- C++ libraries, such as MFC, Qt, OpenGL.
- User interface design and development.
- HTML5, CSS, Angular, Node.js.
Learn more about Autodesk HSM
Overview: https://www.autodesk.com/products/hsm/overview Videos, etc.: https://www.youtube.com/user/AutodeskCAM