F-Secure: Software Engineer, F-Secure Cloud Platforms for Cyber Security at F-Secure (Helsingfors, Finland) (Helsingfors, Finland)
Posted: Apr 16, 2018
Are you our new Software engineer?
At F-Secure, we are committed to helping people and businesses be free in the digital world, without having to worry about cyber security.
In Security Research and Technologies department, we do everything from back end systems architecture to low-level kernel drivers, reverse engineering to artificial intelligence. Although the tasks we work on are varied, there's one thing we all have in common - what we do is meaningful and impactful.
You will be working with some of the best technical security people in the world with a wide variety of passions and skills. We've been working years to acquire and retain highly skilled individuals, do you want to be part of us?
In this role you would be working in Cloud Platforms teams in our Security Research and Technologies unit. As we have several positions available you have the opportunity to influence in which team you would like to develop and advance your skills. F-Secure Cloud Platforms provide the cornerstone of F-Secure's award winning cyber security products.
We are building:
- Next generation cloud-based security solutions to protect our customers against advanced cyber threats and targeted attacks. These systems process billions of events per day with advanced automation and include highly scalable backend services for our Labs research use.
- Essential services for our products and integrations. These services include full customer lifecycle from installation to daily use and updates. Examples of these include, authentication, federated identities, licensing, settings management, purchases, updates and telemetry collection.
Today, our Security Cloud and end point products provide the best protection in the world to our customers, as shown by independent AV-test.org tests. We want to make it even better, and we need you to help us. In return you get to work with some of the best cyber security experts in the world, help us to protect the digital world and enjoy the spirit of Fellowship.
And of course, we offer competitive salary and benefits including extensive health care, remote working, company supported sport activities, our own gym and sauna at the premises and we even subsidize your commuting by paying you a bicycle and many more things to keep our best asset – people - happy.
What we expect you to bring to the table:
- Good communication and team work skills
- Keen interest in understanding the service that you are implementing and the value it provides
- Experience in designing and developing distributed backend systems with high availability and scalable architecture
- Understanding of quality practices, continuous deployment and unit testing principles
- Broad understanding of web development and API design
- Previous experience on high availability and distributed computing, including event based processing and stateless services
- Prior development experience with Python / Java / node.js
- Experience using AWS or other public cloud services and deployment automation (e.g. AWS EC2, ECS, Lambda, IAM, S3, Kinesis, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, or similar)
- Experience and knowledge of some of the following: Docker, databases, Redis, ElasticSearch, devops, REST
- Security minded approach
At F-Secure you can be who you are – bring your best self to the game and help us outsmart cyber security threats.
Join us and make the connected world a safer place!