ECRI Institute: Software Engineer III at ECRI Institute (Plymouth Meeting, PA) (Plymouth Meeting, PA)
Posted: Jan 4, 2019
Develop, test and document web, mobile and server-side cloud-based applications. Assist in mentoring other junior team members. Support ECRI Institute’s 50-year mission of advancing effective evidence-based healthcare worldwide. Partner closely with IT Platform & Software Engineers and our respected and accomplished business partners, all working together at ECRI’s scenic suburban world headquarters in Plymouth Meeting, PA. Benefit from a healthy work-life balance while staying on the leading edge of technology and thriving in an innovative startup-like culture minus the risk. Sleep well knowing you are helping achieve a world where safe, high-quality healthcare is accessible to everyone.
- Ability to communicate effectively, learn from others, and adopt standards.
- Ability to troubleshoot and effectively diagnose and fix problems in applications.
Beneficial Additional Knowledge and Skills (not required)
- Healthcare business experience.
- Experience building SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages.
- Building, deploying, and scheduling reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). Experience in SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- SharePoint development.
- Reporting and Analytics such as Tableau, Power BI. Mobile development: iOS or Android.
- Code new solutions based on business specifications.
- Gather and document business requirements.
- Mentor other junior team members.
- Support bug fixes and implement enhancements to existing systems.
- Develop Unit and Functional tests of code modules.
- Participate in team meetings and code reviews.
- Create and troubleshoot simple to moderate level SQL scripts.
- Adhere to ECRI platform, standards, and best practices.
- Work within a team and independently when needed.
- Participate in personal growth opportunities.
- 5-7 years of related, hands on experience in at least four modern languages and frameworks such as: C#, React, Angular/TypeScript, Vue.js, Node.js, .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, Java, Swift, Kotlin.
- Experience with REST architectures, relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with technologies such as Containers, Kubernetes, Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major. OR Equivalent professional experience
About ECRI Institute: ECRI Institute is a nonprofit organization that researches the best approaches to improving patient safety and care. It has its headquarters in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania. We have a diverse working environment that encourages teamwork and an open exchange of ideas. Over 400 dedicated staff blend extraordinary scope and depth of clinical, management, and technical expertise with a wide range of experienced healthcare professionals. Our competitive benefit package for full-time and benefit-eligible part-time employees includes medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage which begin on the first day of the month following their date of employment.
For 50 years, ECRI Institute has dedicated itself to bringing the discipline of applied scientific research to healthcare. Through rigorous, evidence-based patient safety research, ECRI Institute has recommended actionable solutions that have saved countless lives. ECRI Institute is designated an Evidence-Based Practice Center by the U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. ECRI Institute PSO is listed as a federally certified Patient Safety Organization by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and strives to achieve the highest levels of safety and quality in healthcare by collecting and analyzing patient safety information and sharing best practices and lessons learned. Qualified applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
ECRI Institute is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 610-825-6000. EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
To be considered further for this opportunity interested candidates must apply directly to our website. https://www.ecri.org/about/pages/careers.aspx