LINE Corporation: Software Engineer in Test (SET) - Working in Japan at LINE Corporation (Fukuoka, Japan) (Fukuoka, Japan)
Posted: Mar 8, 2019
Both Japanese speakers and Non-Japanese speakers welcomed.
There are many English speakers working with the company. Successful applicants without Japanese language skills may be asked to attend a Japanese training course for half of every working day for at least 3 months ~ 12 months after arriving in Fukuoka. This training is paid for by the employer, and is an excellent chance to pick up new language skills. We encourage employees to reach JLPT Level 2 within few years of commencement.
You will be responsible for the planning, proposing, developing and the operation of automation tests that are suitable for various products provided by LINE. Starting from the building of test automation environment to the development and operation of testing platforms, you will be in charge of a wide range of automated tasks.
- Creation and operation of UI tests for iOS/Android applications (unit test, E2E test, etc.)
- Building and proposing test environments that match the architecture of various products
- Development and operation of new testing platforms (in accordance with the test automation protocols of our services)
- Building the environment for test automation
- Designing, implementing and executing automated testing using different frameworks
Main Technologies Utilized:
Skills & Requirements
- Experience in developing iOS/Android applications or web applications
- Knowledge about software tests and basic knowledge about computer science (algorithms, data structures, databases, networks, etc.)
- Experience in creating and proposing unit tests as well as integration tests that match the architecture and nature of the service
- Work experience using test frameworks, such as Appium/Selenium
- Experience in test automation
Who We’re Looking For:
- Strongly motivated candidates that are highly interested in the IT industry
- Candidates who can think for themselves and who can take initiatives
- Candidates who are willing to make improvements in testing methods
- Candidates who can maintain excellent communication with related parties while running different projects.
Working hours: Discretionary and flexible according to abilities and speed of task completion; if all tasks and projects are completed well and on time, you do not need to stay in the office for extended periods of time.
Salary: Minimum salary starting from 6 million Japanese Yen per annul (higher compensation will be provided based on skills and experience and is negotiable).
*Other details to be discussed during interviews.
Candidates CANNOT apply more than one position at a time.
You are welcome to reapply for any positions within the group again after a period of 12 months has passed.