JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.: Software Engineer - Python Developer at JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. (Buenos Aires, Argentina) (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
Posted: Jan 13, 2021
We are seeking a technically strong, enthusiastic and disciplined developer who will join the recently created Buenos Aires team and will be working closely with SMEs in application development and QR to improve the platform by automating/streamlining processes and enhancing our controls framework in order to reduce our operational risk. The team's focus will be cross-commodities but specific projects will allow developers to learn more about the individual desks that we support and their markets.
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math or equivalent training and relevant experience
* 4+ years of application development experience
* 2+ years of Python development experience
* Understanding of software design patterns and how to apply them to build maintainable code
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Good oral and written communications skills in English with the ability to be highly effective with both technical and business partners
* Ability to work with a sense of urgency, while maintaining attention to detail
* Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passionate about building an innovative culture
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.