Imprivata: Software Engineer (Research and Discovery) at Imprivata (Lexington, MA) (Lexington, MA)
Posted: Aug 14, 2019
We are seeking a Software Engineer - Research and Discovery for our Lexington, MA office.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our Research and Discovery team, which is a part of our Engineering group. This innovation-focused team is responsible for early evaluation of potential technologies and their application to all our solutions, with a focus on our leading healthcare identity and access management platform.
Your technical background should allow you to work across a wide variety of solution types. Our products range from client-server written in C++, Python, Java and C/#.Net, mobile projects on both Android and iOS, and a full modern cloud stack based on microservices and React. You should be experienced in and capable of working across that spectrum. Because we are moving new feature development to the Cloud, some working experience there is a must.
You will work within a product framework that fits along with various stages of product maturity, from early concept to all the way to hand-off to Engineering. R&D engineers will often work with existing product teams in the early stages of evaluating and implementing potential new capabilities.
This is a very exciting opportunity that combines discovery of technology with very early-stage product development. The ideal candidate will be able to balance a visionary and creative approach with the appropriate engineering practices around evaluating and moving technology forward.
- Perform research into areas of potential technical innovation, working with inputs and direction from product management, business development, Imprivata clinical experts, executive staff and Engineering
- Document, share and update findings, based on input from other technical resources
- Write code that ranges from early proof-of-concept to the stage just prior to handoff to core Engineering delivery teams
- Develop full-stack cloud and on-premises application functionality within a dynamic agile scrum environment
- Remain aware of leading-edge technology developments that may be applicable to our space. Attend relevant conferences, vendor meetings, and customer events
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 2-3+ years of software development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with both internal teams and external customers and partners
- Production-level Cloud-based application development experience in any of the major cloud frameworks (AWS, Google, Azure, etc.)
- Working knowledge of at least two of the following:
- Java development framework
- Modern UI tools (Angular, React)
- Mobile development on Android and/or iOS
- The following are a plus:
- Experience with authentication systems and workflows
- Experience working in an agile scrum environment
- Experience analyzing and translating user experience into possible solutions
- Experience with applications that deliver high value on end-user workflows
- Experience with hardware/biometrics and authentication
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.