Bloomberg LP: Software Engineer - Technical Trainer at Bloomberg LP (London, UK) (London, UK)
Posted: May 17, 2019
The Engineering Training and Documentation team is responsible for providing learning opportunities to develop the technical skills of our 5000+ Bloomberg software engineers, both new hires and existing employees.Our approach to learning ensures that our sessions are engaging for both trainers and trainees; we use state of the art interactive technology, and have a highly collaborative team to ensure success for everyone. We aim to encourage participation and provide opportunities for trainees to learn from each other and from other engineers.
Our team's core values include a passion for technology and a love for sharing information in interactive and engaging training sessions. We collaborate with Bloomberg's software engineering teams to ensure that we align closely with their needs. Bloomberg employees are committed to customer focus, and this is of particular relevance to our team.
Our team is growing. As a Software Engineering Technical trainer, you will develop and deliver training to our Engineering team members. You are engaging and passionate about teaching and technology. You are an expert in your field and can explain and reason on topics in that domain in a way that your audience understands. You have programming experience and are comfortable debugging complex applications.
We'll trust you to:
- Teach a variety of classes, both for new university graduates and experienced software engineers
- Collaborate with our team to define course structure, content, and delivery method to produce high quality training
- Obtain a deep knowledge of Bloomberg technologies and work across functional teams to stay current with rapidly evolving enhancements
- Build strong relationships and collaborate effectively within the team and with other engineering teams to meet goals
- Learn and quickly master new product technical functionality and have a deep understanding of our Software Development Life Cycle
- Share your knowledge and experience with your new hires to get their Bloomberg career off to a great start!
You'll need to have:
- Relevant technical training experience
- A passion for learning, teaching, and mastering complex system functionality
- Ability to communicate concepts in a concise, logical manner so students can absorb and retain
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training and the flexibility to adapt to a changing environment
- That you are dynamic and engaging, and are excited by the challenges of delivering technical training to expert software engineers
- The quality of your work and teaching is of paramount importance, and you have the drive and desire for continual improvement
- Deep hands-on experience in programming
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to independently manage projects
- Ability to comfortably and confidently present to groups of 20+ people using a variety of delivery methods, for lengthy periods of time
- Ability to lead discussions and actively influence development of new strategies to improve course offerings
- A strong background in computer science and training
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.