adidas Group: Solution Architect (Taxonomy) (Digital IT) (m/f) at adidas Group (Herzogenaurach, Germany) (Herzogenaurach, Germany)
Posted: Sep 13, 2017
Every day, all over the world, products we create break records or set trends. Our brands help every kind of athlete to perform better, play better and feel better.
Our IT teams create business success by building the most innovative solutions that shape the future. In a digital world, IT is a critical touchpoint for millions of consumers and our employees. Whenever it gets tricky we tackle challenges together as a global team.
We need top talent to further build a high performing team. If you want to be a part of creating the new IT that challenges us to grow and stay competitive, start your career with us now.
Digital IT encompasses of several domain targeting towards the needs of realizing the new digital ecosystem where CPM (Content Product Management) domain is one tasked with majority of foundational elements for the ecosystem covering Content Management, Product Information Mgt, Taxonomy and Digital Asset Mgt. Within CPM domain, we have 4 stream specializing on Project Mgt, Product Specialist, Solution Architecture, Software Engg. You are being evaluated for the solution architecture stream focusing on Taxonomy where you have fellow architects from other streams and software engineers whom do you work on daily basis. As part of this role, you will be accountable for;
- Create & manage the application architecture which can be scaled, maintained and improved
- Drive PoC(s) by collaborating with Software Engg team in order to firm-up the technical architecture
- Drive identification of Non-Functional and technical requirements
- Validate any architectural change requested by BA or dev team
- Maintain architectural documentation and communicate the same to the dev lead
- Create Performance model specification for scope applications
- Create technical backlogs for the scoped applications
- Propose improvements to PO
What we offer:
- What is situation description:
As part of our journey with in digital transformation, our domain focus on the majority of foundational elements which are key to our digital ecosystem. In order to shape our ecosystem, we see our solution architects pillar plays a vital role in evaluating and identifying the right system architecture with the complementing tools/products. Hence, we are now in search for Solution architects for Taxonomy domain with right mindset and skillset.
- How to get there:
To ensure the system architecture of the foundational elements are laid stronger, we adopt the lean startup methodology (fail fast) by;
- Validate tools/products with Live usecases by executing PoC (Proof-of-Concept)
- Experiment the solution approach by defining MVP (Most Viable Product)
- Partner & collaborate with cross-domain system(s) to further validate the solution approach in order to identify bottle-necks
- Consult with Product vendors and industry experts to validate any assumptions.
Once, the foundational elements are laid out then, we focus on serving it to our clients with in digital ecosystem and later extending it to enterprise scale.
What we are looking for:
- Leadership - Influencing others to accomplish tasks and following your guidance
- System thinking - Understand decisions and constrains in the wide scope pertaining to whole of the solution at hand. This includes the ability to abstract problems.
- Strategic thinking - Understanding decisions and constrains and their alignments to the overall business of the company.
- Organizational politics - Understand the environment you operate in and how it influences you.
- Communications - Making sure you get your point across.
- Human relations - Understand the "people" aspects or human factors and dynamics. This includes things like pragmatism, understanding team dynamics and personal dynamics
- Faster learner – Ability to pick up new tools and technologies in a short time.
- Proven skills as a Solution Architect
- Solid hands-on experience with Knowledge Management, Semantic Search
- Hands-on experience on Java stack (Spring framework – Boot & IO, REST Services, Apache stack)
- Knowledge on taxonomy products like PoolParty, Ontotext,..
- Knowledge on Ontology management, Linked Data Management are beneficial
(Job reference: 158715)