Kohl's Department Stores: Sr Dev Ops Engineer at Kohl’s Department Stores (Menomonee Falls, WI) (Menomonee Falls, WI)
Posted: Sep 13, 2017
Kohl’s is a fast-paced company with a startup vibe while still having secure financial backing. They value collaborative teams, new technologies! Team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone's digital and mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers, merchants and developers.
We are looking for a highly skilled, bright, motivated Build & Automation Engineer who is passionate about creating tooling around an automated continuous delivery stream.
POSITION SUMMARY: Build, deploy and test software. Interact extensively with Software Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts, Scrum Masters and Network Operations teams to automate, execute and test software deployments across multiple environments.
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Essential Functions: which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
• Develop automation scripts for unit tests, software builds and deployments
• Possess strong working knowledge of build and deploy tools, (TFS 2013 preferred).
• Have experience working with CM tools such as Chef and Puppet in a Windows environment.
• Expert knowledge on windows PowerShell scripting, SCCM.
• Experience with continuous integration build systems (Jenkins).
• Have performed "smoke tests" in collaboration with QA automation testers and troubleshooting deployment errors on multiple tiers in a technology stack.
• Define and maintain Change Control process standards and methodologies
• Deploy software applications and services on demand within defined outage windows
• Participate in development, testing and Implementation phases in support of the Software development life cycle (SDLC).
• Recent experience managing and implementing Windows 2003, 2008 Active directory.
• Support of Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2010.
• Windows performance and debugging tools.
• Installation of Windows 2003, 2008, 2012 and Windows XP, Windows 7 operating systems.
• Maintain Source Code Control and Release repositories
• Manage Application versions and dependencies
• Participate in multiple, concurrent projects of varying sizes and complexities
• Participate in technology and design discussions
• Create software release and change control training materials
• Perform user training and guidance to development teams to ensure compliance to defined change control processes
• Provide regular verbal and written status reports to management
• Create, maintain, and present technical documentation to different audiences and levels
• Evaluate and adopt new tools to improve build release processes
• Insure the completeness of all required documentation
• Development experience in Microsoft .NET using Visual Studio, C#, SQL Server
• Scripting experience-using Powershell. MS Deploy, VBScript and TSQL
• Experience working with Team Foundation Server and Vault.
• Experience working with Visual Build Pro
• Solid troubleshooting skills.
• Self motivated team player.
• Must have the ability to work independently and prioritize your workload