Sr Graphic Designer
Posted: May 13, 2022
Brown and Caldwell, a national environmental engineering and consulting firm, is looking for a full-time Senior Graphic Designer to join our in-house design studio. We want an individual who thrives in a dynamic work environment, and whose enthusiasm, creativity, organizational skills, and winning attitude can contribute to the success of our high-performing Creative Services team.
We are looking for a visual storyteller with the ability to create engaging and easy to read documents and presentations. Candidates must demonstrate design problem-solving capability in the form of layout, graphic development, and visually dynamic presentations. The ideal candidate will also have effective communication skills to lead projects in collaboration with our marketing sales team, and will approach projects both, strategically and tactically, to produce strong work products while adhering to brand standards.
A successful candidate excels at working collaboratively with project teams, marketing partners and fellow graphic designers to deliver high-quality work, often under time constraints. The candidate should be a strategic and a skilled designer, strong communicator, and creative thinker. Attention to detail, and the ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, are critical. Working within brand standards to craft compelling visual stories within business development material and presentation formats are key functions of this role.
This position can be filled near any BC office, with a preference in our Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; Denver, CO or Raleigh, NC. BC employees partner with their supervisors to determine the work arrangement that enables them to do their best work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Applies high knowledge and understanding of the BC brand, visual identity and templates. Applying them to pursuits, presentations, and marketing collateral.
- Utilizes knowledge of design process to execute layout and graphic design for proposals and presentations. Reviews working drafts, helps incorporate edits, and reviews final layouts with suggestions on improvements as needed.
- Formats presentation slides, including development of interview graphics, animations and revisions for interviews and presentations.
- Creates of a variety of graphics, including covers, brochures, simple and complex maps, data-based infographics like basic process diagrams and charts, and persuasive graphics that simply convey key and often complex information.
- Effectively manages and prioritizes multiple deadlines simultaneously while following pursuit processes and communicating with project team members.
- Seeks input, identifies development opportunities, explores proper use of resources, processes, and guidelines.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A strong and relevant portfolio, including samples of document or publication layout and presentation design, is required to be considered for this position. Portfolio link, or PDF must be provided for consideration.
- At least 5 years of related experience is required. Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry experience a plus.
- BA/BS in graphic design, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Passion for design innovation in the presentation space a plus
- Experience working with corporate branding
- Strong conceptual thinking, and a passion for solving complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience articulating design decisions to non-graphic designers
- Strong project management and coordination skills
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced work environment
- Motivated self-starter and team player
- Ability to work with various stakeholders