HERE Technologies: Sr/Lead C++ Engineer - Routing Algorithms (m/f/x) at HERE Technologies (Berlin, Germany) (Berlin, Germany)
Posted: Aug 14, 2019
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders?" You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE.
The Routing Center of Excellence is an advanced engineering team tasked with delivering core routing functionality, constantly reviewing and improving our routing algorithms and solution for all domains (automotive, enterprise and mobile). You'll have the opportunity to work on one of the most versatile route calculation engines, capable of both running on low-end devices and taking advantage of high-end cloud computing virtual machines. You'll contribute to a wide range of features impacting routing graph preparation, core routing algorithms, maneuver/instruction generation, road traffic update, REST and native APIs. You will help us build a new generation of highly-performant and customizable big-scale routing solutions.
We are searching for a Lead/Senior Software Engineer with strong C++ skills to join our team. You will be working within a team of highly skilled product owners and developers.
Your role will be to actively:
- Design and drive implementation of new routing features and profiles (bikes, heavy tracks etc).
- Concept and implement new advanced routing solutions (highly distributed setups or custom routing solutions)
- Maintain and increase code quality. Ensure the best engineering practices.
- Monitor and improve performance.
You are a top-tier C++ engineer with proven proficiency in multithreaded programming. You have strong programming skills in C++ 11/14, SOLID software design principles and the following experience:
- Using efficient data structures (hash tables, priority queues, balanced trees etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Computational Geometry
- Basic routing algorithms (Dijkstra, A-Star, Bellman-Ford, Floyd-Warshall)
- Excellent understanding of optimization and performance issues
- Experience developing HTTP REST services
- Excellent collaborative skills as well as confidence in written and spoken English
- Analytical approach and problem-solving skills
The following knowledge would add extra value to your contribution in our team:
- Knowledge of location-based services such as mapping, navigation, GPS
- Experience deploying applications using Kubernetes
- OpenAPI 3.0 specification
- Good Python skills
- Basic skills in Rust
- Experience with CMake build system
- Experience working with Gerrit Code Reviews or GitLab
- Experience testing C++ code using Google Test Framework and Google Mock
What Do We Offer?
Competitive salary & Benefits (including Flexible working hours, Public transportation subsidy, etc).
Challenging problems to solve.
Work that makes a difference in the world.
Freedom to decide how to perform your work.
Variety in the types of projects.
Collaborative, Supportive Colleagues.
Our culture is founded on openness, collaboration and honesty, with colleagues who are brilliant in their field, resilient and above all, strive for the best. One team, where everyone makes a difference and everyone is heard. Up for the challenge? We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Make HERE your destination, we are just getting started. Apply Now.