Spotfront: Sr Software Developer - High Volume Decisioning at Spotfront (New York, NY) (New York, NY)
Posted: Apr 12, 2019
Spotfront delivers intelligent vendor marketing solutions built for the next generation of e-commerce. Our solutions help retailers implement, automate, and scale brand-funded marketing programs on e-commerce sites. Spotfront is a New York City-based technology company that works with the US's largest e-commerce retailers. Learn more about us and PromoteIQ, our flagship product, at https://promoteiq.com.
We are hiring for a back end Sr. Software Engineer on our delivery team to help expand our growing suite of e-commerce advertising products. This is an exciting opportunity to participate in the innovation and evolution of a large and rapidly changing industry.
Engineers on the delivery team work together to build high-availability low-latency distributed services that handle thousands of requests per second. Team projects include everything from implementing complex pricing algorithms to optimizing resource utilization and improving system resilience.
Key themes for this role
- Large-scale distributed systems: Our systems power marketing on some of the largest e-commerce sites, so availability, throughput, and latency are critical to observing our strict SLA requirements
- Interesting algorithmic problems: Optimize revenue, resource footprint, and overall algorithmic efficiency, making use of the latest research and techniques, high-end hardware, lock-free data structures, intelligent thread design, and system architecture
- Programming, probability, and statistics: Client success depends on the ability to accurately predict and track the performance of thousands of advertising campaigns that bid on a cost per impression or cost per click basis
- Design and implement new features and enhancements to our platform that require hard real-time constraints and elegant, yet powerful software solutions. Write efficient, scalable, testable, and maintainable code for new features and system components
- Provide thought leadership and architectural expertise to a small functional team, and manage cross-team integrations
- Deploy regular code releases to production and test environments; prioritize bug fixes to ensure critical up-time
- Be responsible for the general health of the global real-time applications that must be operational 24/7/365
- Participate in design discussions about new features and ensure real-time technology integrates seamlessly with other pieces of the platform
- Work with product managers to help discover technical requirements of nascent products
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field and strong theoretical fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, time complexity, etc.)
- 5 – 10 years of experience in software engineering
- Experience using either C, C++, Golang, or Java, with excellent and creative problem-solving abilities
- Experience building high performance, multi-threaded, distributed systems and applications
- Experience practicing advanced optimization techniques and with performance analysis
- Experience with real-time data processing engines, and low latency systems is preferred
How We Interview & Hire
Our interview process begins with a quick phone call to assess fit with the role and company - and help you decide if Spotfront is the right place for you. Then we do several rounds of in-person interviews, where you'll meet the team and participate in a number of interactive interviews. Throughout this process you'll have ample opportunity to ask questions, get to know us as a company, and learn more about our product.
Spotfront Core Values
We are intellectually curious.
We are collaborative and work hard to deliver results for our clients.
We punch above our weight class.