PVH Corp.: Sr. Graphic Designer/Production Artist (Temp to Perm) (New York City)
Posted: Apr 20, 2017
Design Your Future at PVH
Sr. Graphic Designer/Production Artist (Temp to Perm) - PVH Corp.
The role of the Senior Graphic Designer/Production Artist (Tempt to Perm) is to assist in the building, maintaining & printing of all graphic materials needed by the Warner’s/Olga brand under the direction and guidance of the Senior Creative Director. This position will require great design and typography skills coupled with exceptional knowledge of print production and asset management. The ability to juggle multiple projects and follow direction with attention to detail is a must. You will be asked to prepare your designs, and co-workers designs, into press-ready mechanicals, including packaging dielines, pre-press information and color settings for multiple overseas printers and local vendors. The ability to mark up images for retouching and follow through on rounds of retouching in conjunction with the Creative Director is a must. Experience with Wrike or similar project management software a plus. Knowledge of video editing and graphic development for video is also a plus.
- Design and do revisions on new and previous layouts for packaging, print and digital/web marketing, POS, etc.
- Learn all brand standards and specifics on multiple brands and sub-brands in order to carry out all design and production requests.
- Acquire deadlines and specifications in order to integrate layouts and designs into production ready files in a timely fashion. Perform quality control at the proofing stage.
- Mark up images within Photoshop to inform retouching vendor and follow through on rounds of retouching revisions.
- Oversee quality control and maintain consistency on all images used for packaging, promotion and ecommerce.
- Update, maintain and organize copy documents, images and additional assets and keep all these materials organized on company server.
- Manage daily communication and implementation of requests and approvals, including within project management software (Wrike), to insure a smooth workflow between co-workers, project managers and marketing managers.
- Assist with photo and video shoots when necessary.
- Prepare graphic files for video editors.
- Perform store visits and do research to remain current on industry trends.
- 5+ years of real-world, on-site experience with print and digital design, print production (including dielines and color management), asset management, client interaction and deadline management. Experience in packaging and product marketing recommended.
- Position is primarily print-based but basic knowledge of digital/web layout and ability to communicate with digital/web team is required.
- Experience with Wrike or similar project management software a plus. Knowledge of video editing and graphic development for video also a plus.
BFA/BA Degree (or equivalent) with emphasis in graphic design/visual communication desired.
- Advanced knowledge of the following software:
- Adobe InDesign CC
- Adobe Illustrator CC (ability to do product line illustrations a plus)
- Adobe Photoshop CC (image retouching markup required, image retouching experience a plus)
- Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Office (Word & Excel primarily)
- Advanced understanding of prepress (including dielines and color/image settings)
- In depth understanding of brand standards and how they are implemented
- Excellent asset management & organization skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to follow detailed direction in a fast paced, lively environment
- Basic knowledge of digital/web layout and ability to communicate with digital/web team (programming not required)
- Well-versed in design and printing vocabulary
- Well versed in current trends and industry standards
- Knowledge of general animation, Adobe Animate, Adobe Premiere or Adobe After Effects a plus
It is the policy of PVH Corp. to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation.