Sr. Manager, Design Innovation (Ecom/Hive)
Posted: Mar 13, 2019
Who We Are...
We are a creatively driven team that leverages the power of Design Thinking to solve brand and business problems that drive meaningful value and growth. Our team's mission is to lead the innovation agendas in order to accelerate PepsiCo's brands and businesses and transform beyond its core. We innovate with intent; to solve real problems, for real people, in the real world. We innovate to incite positive change ? for people, brands, business and the world around us.
What You'll Do...
In this role you will report to the Director, Design Innovation & Strategy, working in collaboration with other Design & Innovation team members to effectively lead, develop, and deliver design strategies and compelling design experiences (brand, product, packaging, retail, merchandising) that have strategic business value for our Hive/Ecommerce division.
Innovation & Design Thinking Practitioner: You will drive the delivery of effective design thinking & innovation projects for PepsiCo's businesses and partner with teams in delivering strategies that can identify new opportunities, new products, and new experience that deliver against business goals.
You should be comfortable managing the ambiguity inherent in design processes. You will manage and drive design methodologies (tools, techniques) and provide input into design proposals (visions, scenarios) in order to execute against creative engagements and visualize the desired creative output.
You will showcase your expert ability within design thinking, which underpins all our engagements. You pollinate design thinking within the organization through practical design methodologies, solving complex branding problems and uncovering transformation opportunities to help brands get the most out of their design investments.
Strategic Lead and Project Manager: You will oversee new emerging brand projects that have critical business significance and provide agility to lead strategy, planning, project management while working in a multi-disciplinary environment, leading interdisciplinary teams. You'll synthesize research and business needs to ensure identified opportunities & design strategies result in sustainable growth and returns for the business.
You will showcase:
- Excellent team management
- Champion design thinking across the organization, educating while collaborating
- Draw on diverse perspectives to solve design problems and drive effective solutions
- Articulate design vision through prototyping, scenario modeling, strategic road maps, etc.
- Collaborate closely with researchers, marketers, media teams to cross-pollinate ideas, methods, and approaches
- Build and evolve methodologies, nurture the maturity of the design & innovation capabilities
- Mentor and support the professional development to junior team members
- Work collaboratively to build relationships and get things done through formal and informal channels
- Proven ability to effectively incorporate research (including primary and secondary research) in strategic design processes
- 10+ years of experience, with a minimum of 3 years (recent) in a strategic design role
- Degree(s) in Industrial Design, Architecture, Design Innovation, Brand Design, Design Strategy
- Offers of employment are contingent upon passing required prescreens, including, but not limited to, drug and alcohol screening and motor vehicle reports
- Master's degree
- Proven experience in Brand Strategy, Design Strategy, Innovation & Product Development.
- Proven track record of strong leadership, team management skills and a strategic acumen
- Superior project management and design management skills; attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, work in an ambiguous and dynamic work environment; is comfortable with risk and uncertainty
- Expertise in human-centered research and defining design actionable principles
- Effectively build relationships and influence senior levels in the organization across regions and functions in order to deliver on project plan
- Drive for results, able to influence and accomplish tasks through formal and informal channels
- Effectively communicates (verbally and written) with internal and external stakeholders across all levels. Must have compelling presentation and proposal skills.
- Able to talk about design in all its forms
- Have a 360 degree understanding of the world - an excellent sense of pop culture, music, art, retail, tech, and design trends
- Must be willing and able to travel 15-20% of the time
Job # 172482BR