Sr. Product Designer
Posted: Jun 7, 2021
Extend is modernizing the $100 billion-per-year extended warranty and protection plan industry using cutting-edge technology, and top-notch customer service. With a $260M Series C round of funding, we are ready to continue to scale our organization and grow beyond our $1.6B valuation.
Our API-first solution allows any merchant to offer extended warranties and protection plans, both online and offline, while also providing a merchant's end customers with a vastly improved and modern support experience that eliminates many of the issues customers face today with legacy underwriters.
We are a venture-backed startup based in downtown San Francisco (and since COVID began, fully remote) that is led by founders who have previously had multiple successful exits. Extend is simplifying the technology stack for the extended warranty industry, in the same way that Stripe did for online payments and Affirm did for consumer point of sale financing.
What You'll Do:
- Help formulate the product vision for your product area.
- Create deliverables for your product area (for example: user flows, low fidelity wireframes, high fidelity mockups, prototypes, etc.) that solve real user problems through the user experience.
- Coach and mentor excellent designers.
- Inspire your team to push the boundaries towards innovation.
- Be a strong partner to your Research, Product, Engineering, Operations peers.
- Collaborate closely with your Design peers at Extend to ensure we create a consistent and cohesive overall product.
- Actively contribute to our design system, help determine whether components are single-use or multi-use, and provide recommendations to designers regarding new component requests.
- Help elevate our Design community, culture, and processes.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of professional experience designing enterprise products.
- Will have shipped many successful software products, ideally in enterprise
- A self-starter, designer, conceptual problem solver, mentor, and communicator.
- Proficient across the product design spectrum, with an understanding of skill and execution requirements across UX, UI, information architecture, research.
- A phenomenal communicator with the ability to clearly, optimally, and consistently articulate rationale for design decisions.
Life at Extend:
- Working with a great team from diverse backgrounds in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental & vision benefits.
- Stock in an early-stage startup growing quickly.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- 401(k) with Financial Guidance from Morgan Stanley.