Projekt202: Sr. Python Developer (Austin)
Posted: Aug 9, 2018
projekt202 is the leader in experience-driven software strategy, design and development. We have spent over 15 years refining our unique methodology that combines deep user insight with collaborative design and development. As a result, our team creates better, more meaningful user experiences and innovative software for the world’s greatest brands, including Capital One, Mercedes-Benz Financial Services, Dell, The Container Store, Neiman Marcus, and many more. Our work is recognized by top industry analysts, including the experts at Gartner, who stated, “The perspective and processes projekt202 is focusing on and perfecting will, over time, become standard operating procedure for any application development project.”
Our team is passionate about user-centric design and development. We enjoy working together to share our expertise and solve our clients’ business challenges. At projekt202, we also have fun and enjoy hanging out with each other in a culture that supports and celebrates our diverse talents, backgrounds and skills.
This position works independently while collaborating with teams of skilled developers, designers, and product owners supporting customer-facing initiatives. We are looking for a results-oriented developer who has an “eye for design”, an interest in developing across multiple platforms, and is eager to contribute to our client’s business.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Highly proficient in using Python to develop software solutions
- Collaborate with other disciplines for the production and delivery of project deliverables
- Create technical solutions according to interaction/visual specifications and client specific environment
- Estimate and deliver on higher level features
- Raise potential scope issues to the team
- Evaluate complex and multi-faceted designs
- Strong focus on software quality via developer level testing and test automation
- Stay abreast of new technical trends
- Learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Support clients’ development teams by answering questions and implementing feedback
- Assist in the technical strategy and approach to implementation through collaboration with client
- Understand the overall delivery process including a high-level picture of what each practice does and how everything fits together
- 5+ years professional development experience delivering Python applications
- Professional experience using one or more client-side Python framework
- Experience using CSS preprocessors such as SASS or LESS
- General understanding of UI design principles and best practices
- Well versed in responsive design and implementation
- Able to give and receive honest, constructive feedback to others
- Able to design, write, debug, and deploy applications
- Strong object-oriented programming skills; experience in other paradigms a plus
- High proficiency with using GIT in a team environment
- Proficiency with command line navigation
- Deep knowledge of software design principals
- Proven knowledge and capabilities to code and test cross-browser compatible solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with client peers
- Previous consulting experience preferred
- Experience with containerization technologies including Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with working with message bus technologies such as Kafka.
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in a Relevant Field of Study (i.e. Computer Science, Web Development, Graphic Design, New Media, Engineering, Liberal Arts, etc.)
For more information, visit or find us on Twitter @projekt202.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
For more information please visit hear from our leadership team on why you should join us on this amazing journey! Direct applicants only, no agency submittals please.
At this time, projekt202 does not provide sponsorship.