Cengage Learning: Sr. Software Engineer at Cengage Learning (Raleigh, NC) (Raleigh, NC)
Posted: Feb 11, 2019
- Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
- Building the next generation of e-Learning solutions for our new Skills business unit
- Design, architect, and implement new features with the expectation that you will own and drive the development in a Scrum environment
- Assist in planning and brainstorming activities driven by our Technical Product Management organization
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies and development frameworks on an ongoing basis
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.
As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
Interested in using cutting-edge web technologies to solve important problems in online education? We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer for our new Skills business unit, which is focused on helping people get the skills they need to level up in their current career or to fill skill gaps that will facilitate a career change. Do you feel like you are working on something important, and that you are making a difference? Here, we are working on really significant societal problems how do we educate the next generations work force? We give people the skills they need to realize their dreams.
We invest in our people. As an example of the kind of culture you can expect here, we send all of our engineering new hires to a fantastic 3-day orientation in Boston where they see presentations from the entire C-level leadership team, and a team-building event where the team cooks dinner together along with one of our senior executives.
What You'll Do Here
- We have openings for front-end, back-end, and full-stack skill sets, but regardless of your primary folks you are are willing to stretch to full stack when needed.
- Expert knowledge of ASP.NET and C#
- Strong knowledge of relational databases including having worked with stored procedures
- Experience with REST services and JSON
- Proficient in building microservices / service oriented architecture
- Solid knowledge of unit tests
- Strong focus on automation if youve done the same task twice, you want to automate it!
- You are a team player who helps others reflexively and puts the team first
- Preferred Skill Set:
- Experience using JS Frameworks/Libraries (jQuery and/or React.js in particular)
- Experience with Responsive Web Design
- Agile software development with Scrum and / or Kanban
- You have worked in a mature SDLC environment with code reviews, continuous integration and continuous delivery (Jenkins experience is a plus)
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Cengage is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason. You may view Cengages EEO/Affirmative Action Policy signed by CEO Michael Hansen and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice by clicking on their corresponding links. Cengage is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or you may call us at +1 (617) 289-7917.
About Cengage Cengage is the education and technology company built for learners. The company serves the higher education, K-12, professional, library and workforce training markets worldwide. Cengage creates learning experiences that build confidence and momentum toward the future students want. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA with an office hub in San Francisco. Employees reside in nearly 40 countries with sales in more than 125 countries around the world. Visit us at www.cengage.com or find us on Facebook or Twitter .