Ascension: Sr. UX Designer at Ascension (Austin, TX) (Austin, TX)
Posted: Oct 16, 2019
We Are HiringThe newly formed Ascension Design team is looking for a Senior UX Designer to join us in designing the future of people-centered healthcare. This role will be part of the early formation of the interdisciplinary Design team at Ascension, the largest non-profit healthcare system in the United States. As a Senior UX Designer, you will be responsible for creating new patient and clinician digital experiences across all touchpoints in the daily health and healthcare journeys, including web communications, web applications, health record interfaces, communication systems, native mobile apps, telemedicine systems, and more. The role is based out of Ascensions new design studio, located in WeWork in Austin.
Why Join Ascension?Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascensions own group purchasing organization.
What You Will DoAt Ascension, you will lead exploratoryresearch and synthesis to understand latent user needs, design explorations to iteratively generate design options, ample prototyping and user testing to bring ideas to life, and collaborate with product, technology, marketing, and clinical colleagues. Expert capability in digital interface design and the use of human-centered design methods are critical to this role. You will help to put best practices in place for the teams digital design operations and will play a key role in demonstrating the value of design thinking in the organization. Please include a link to your portfolio in your application. Responsibilities:
- Serve as lead UX designer on multiple product teams, leading design from discovery to product delivery and participating in strategic product decisions
- Create and deliver design assets, wireframes, prototypes and design specifications
- Conduct exploratory user research, concept validation and usability testing
- Establish design ops by creating and evolving design processes, tools, and deliverables
- Deep understanding of user-centered design (UCD) practices and principles
- Experience leading UX design for complex application interfaces
- Experience with exploratory research and synthesis, concept validation, and usability testing
- Fluency in prototyping across a variety of media, such as sketching, user stories, user journeys, wireframes, Sketch, Invision, Adobe XD, etc.
- Aptitude in aligning product designs to business strategies and goals
- Willingness to travel
What You Will NeedEducation:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- Degree in Interaction design, UX Design, Human Computer Interaction, or