Idera: Sr. UX Designer at Idera (Austin, TX) (Austin, TX)
Posted: Dec 27, 2018
At Idera we are on a mission: to help people see and understand their data. The User Experience team at Idera is looking to bring a stellar UX/UI Designer to the team to define the experiences that will help people answer more questions about their data, more quickly and easily. Responsibilities will be wide-ranging, from directing visual design to usability testing. We are a small, distributed team with engineering and product management from diverse backgrounds. You will be responsible for improving usability of our enterprise web and desktop tools with large, established customer bases while maintaining consistent UIs and experiences across related tools. You must collaborate with users, UX design team, product managers, sales, marketing, and engineering teams to design usable and productive user experiences. Your goal is to create common user experience standards across Idera products and/or within product domains.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Create user-centered designs for Idera applications and tools through research, user interviews, and usability testing.
- Work with product teams and engineers to design or refine solutions throughout a product lifecycle from concept to launch to continuous improvements.
- Design and develop key interactions, wireframes, user flows, mockups, visual design comps, interactive prototypes and user interface design specifications in a fast paced environment.
- Efficiently and intelligently iterate designs, adjusting to technical requirements, and incorporating usability findings into the designs.
- Work within and help refine product brand design guidelines.
- Help maintain and update UX component library, pattern library and style guides.
- 5+ years experience designing UI/UX improvements for Enterprise Web and Windows Desktop Applications.
- Portfolio of completed professional design projects that show hands-on UI/UX track record.
- Bachelors Degree in design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), or related field.
- Extensive experience conducting user research (observational studies, surveys, and user interviews), performing research analysis, creating supporting UX documentation, building mockups and interactive prototypes, user testing, defining design requirements and maintaining a product design system.
- Demonstrated experience having translated abstract requirements into user workflows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Excellent conceptualization and visual communication abilities.
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Zeplin and other design tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working remote while collaborating with global remote product teams.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, best practices, and usability principles, interaction design and accessibility concerns.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Experience designing for enterprise applications and/or developer tools with data-intensive UIs.
- Experience designing for products with large, established customer bases.
- Experience working in waterfall and Agile development cycles.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - Females, Minorities, Veterans, Disabled and Other Protected Groups