Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.®: Sr. UX Designer at Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.® () (allows remote)
Posted: Aug 29, 2021
The UX/UI Designer specializes in user interface design and development for desktop, mobile, and responsive web applications. The primary responsibilities include understanding complex business requirements and end-to-end, rapid creation of mock-ups/prototypes for potential customer consumption and evaluation, creation of reusable user-interfaces. Understanding how to evaluate designs through user testing by getting feedback from internal and external stakeholders. This person will have to become the ‘expert’ on each prototype and work with the other JHA experts and external customers to iteratively improve and refine existing and new software functionality. This includes, but is not limited to story creation, information architecture, high-level process flow-charting, and user interface design. The UX/UI designer will have to be comfortable working in a collaborative environment where there will be multiple, significant iterations on the base concepts, over short time periods. They will be expected stay abreast of cutting-edge UX design and emerging technologies so that they may integrate them into their designs. They will also be expected to contribute new product concepts into the pipeline.
About Our Team
This role will be an integral part of the R&D department of Symitar. This department is a highly visible team that is working to create the best of breed software for the credit union space. We work directly with many internal company stake holders across Symitar products as well customers and prospect clients.
As a JHA associate you are more than just an employee, you are a valued member of the organization that is dependent on you and your success! JHA stresses a company culture that encourages you to think outside the box and to grow in your professional career. As a JHA employee you will enjoy a casual and relaxed work environment, excellent benefits and a generous PTO plan that allows you to maintain a work life balance.
- Minimum of 6 years of technical experience as an Interaction or User Experience Designer.
- Must have experience with a variety of design tools such as Axure, Balsamiq, and Adobe Creative Suite: Fireworks, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Must have experience in creating wireframes, visual comps, and rapid design prototypes.
- Must have visual design experience utilizing modern design styles.
- Must have a link to your portfolio listed on your resume.
- Experience designing UX/UI for both desktop and mobile environments.
- Experience with Axure is preferred.
- Experience with style guides and design systems.
- Knowledge of CSS and how that applies to style guides.
- Ability to develop, present, and sell concepts to peers and stakeholders clearly and convincingly – backed up by creating ‘reasonable at a glance’ – data sets.
- Some experience with conducting user research and voice of the customer activities such as heuristic reviews, interviews, usability tests, and surveys to understand the needs of users and to verify designs.
- Basic business skills required to perform competitive analysis and process mapping; and a willingness to improve those skills
- Deliver wireframes, mockups and prototypes for new concepts.
- Create compelling stories with key advantages around new concepts that will ‘sell’ them to potential stakeholders.
- Develop first draft, high-level process maps and competitive analysis to work through story validity.
- Submit original concepts into the pipeline on a regular basis – keep up to date on industry and technology trends.
- Work closely with the team and stakeholders to create and design features for new products from the ground up.
- Prototype rich interactions with multiple states and roles – suitable for back-office and end-consumers, as appropriate.
- Create assets for marketing presentation for products.