Phoenix Staff, Inc.: Staff Software Engineer- Security Engineering at Phoenix Staff, Inc. (Foster City, CA) (Foster City, CA)
Posted: Oct 11, 2019
Title: Software Engineer - Security Engineering
Location: Foster City, CA
We are looking to hire a seasoned software engineer to be part of the Security Engineering team, where you will be building and engineering security products utilizing some awesome technology like Rust, Go, Functional Programming, and much more! You will be joining a team of experienced security engineers, as well as world class researchers and experts in the areas of software engineering, artificial intelligence, cryptography, and other related fields to build technologies necessary to secure core infrastructure and assets. Relocation and Sponsorship are offered. However, the candidate must already hold a work Visa and currently reside in the US.
- Build, design, engineer, and develop software and services that deliver security functionality and improve security efficiency and capabilities through automation. Possesses software engineering skills needed to build new capabilities and solutions vs. simply integrating an existing open source platform or operating a vendor solution.
- Refactor and optimize existing code using more robust type-safe and memory safe languages while incorporating faster data piping and parallel processing frameworks.
- Engineer products and services while accounting for computability and complexity (e.g. NP-complete problems) and security architecture (e.g. memory, cache, deadlocks, etc.)
- ??Develop prototypes and algorithms (e.g. searching, sorting, optimization, dynamic programming) while performing data engineering tasks around aggregation and data synthetization from a multitude of structured and unstructured data sources.
- Assist in shaping overall direction, life-cycle management, and leadership for Information Security architecture and technology.
- Create requirement and design documents that account for security risks in new or existing systems with architectures to mitigate them within risk appetite.
- Research and develop security assessments of existing solutions as well as defining security architectures for new solutions.
- Present results to a cross section of employees, including senior leaders. Utilize graduate-level research and analysis skills.
What you’ve got:
- 3+ years of relevant academic or industry experience in software engineering
- Familiarity with common software development tooling
- Knowledge of programming language theory, type system, and abstraction techniques
- Experience with distributed systems and networking preferred
- Data structures and algorithms knowledge
- Independent, self-disciplined, self-motivated, and intellectually curious
- Experience where you created or maintained a project or a major component.
- Experience working with functional programming languages like Haskell, Scala, Scheme, Rust, or Clojure
- Familiarity with build and deployment systems
- Software Development, Programming, and debugging using various programming languages and frameworks using Golang or Python or C++
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra) is a plus
To find more great tech-centric jobs, please visit www.phoenixstaff.com.