Storyboard Artist For YouTube Channel
Posted: Sep 19, 2022
Hello! My name is Ryan, and I run the "SagaTheYoungin" Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs-erbeCJNu-NqSoQ80w9fQ
I am looking for a few Storyboard Artists to help come up with original scene ideas based upon a written script that I give you.
This type of work is freelance, and I will have a slow but steady stream of storyboards over a long period of time.
To Apply: Please complete the test scene (info below) and send to [email protected]
- Strong drawing skills with a demonstrated sense of storytelling, staging, composition, and character acting
- Be comfortable with developing concepts and storyboards.
- Able to translate the abstract to something solid
- Knowledge of anatomy, perspective, and composition
- Ability to explore ways of representing ideas in a visual form
- Ability to create a visual storyline that can add a newer layer of life to the video/story
- Proficient english reading and speaking skills
- Ensure style of the channel is consistently achieved in storyboard work
- Design/ illustrate concepts through sketches
- Create storyboard sketches based on a completed script for a video
- Story Artists translate an idea and turn it into visuals that convey all facets of the overall direction of the YouTube video, including emotion, humor, and action
- Here is a guide sheet with a more in depth-explanation of the job: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J5l1UA8E0zj5OzaMrOAmI9C1yLvT5DadXEdkP_9FWw8/edit?usp=sharing
- See videos on the YouTube channel for style references
Test Script/Test Scene:
- Complete a board for the above test script section, and then email to [email protected]
- I will be paying you based on word count of the script. The regular rate will be $30 USD for around 16-20 boards (depending on specific script) per 800 words. For example, if I send you a 400 word section of a script, I will expect 8-10 boards and pay a rate of $15.
- Most Scripts will be between 2000 and 4000 words, and I will be sending sections of the script to storyboard in 800 word sections.
- Storyboard pay will always be pro-rated based on word count
A 4,000 word script will pay $150 USD to fully storyboard, and 2,000 word script $75 USD