North Point Defense: System Administrator at North Point Defense (Rome, NY) (Rome, NY)
Posted: Sep 14, 2018
North Point Defense Inc is seeking a system administrator to join its team in Rome, NY. This is a full-time position with flexible hours. Candidates must have a strong background in Linux administration with an ability to work as part of a diverse team as well as independently. Experience with Windows administration is a strong plus.
• Strong Linux administration skills, Windows administration experience a strong plus
• Experience with virtualization technologies
• Experience with shell scripting (Python, Bash)
• Strong knowledge of networking
• Knowledge of configuration management
• Experience with CentOS / RHEL and Ubuntu
Value-Added Skills & Experience:
• Microsoft Windows, Active Directory, WSUS, and RDS
• Familiarity with NIST SP 800-171r1, NIST SP 800-53r4, or DISA STIG requirements
• IdM / FreeIPA
• Configuration management (Salt Stack)
• Virtualization (oVirt, RHEV)
• Information Security (System hardening)
• Monitoring tools (Nagios) & log aggregation
• Highly Available Storage systems (ZFS, GlusterFS)
• Containerization (Docker)
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field with at least two years of experience
• CompTIA Security+ CE, Linux+, or other industry certifications (DoD 8570)
• Must be a US citizen
• Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
• Current TS/SCI a strong plus
North Point Defense, Inc. is an employee-owned company that offers an unbeatable benefits package, excellent salaries and a great 401k retirement program. Our employees support a number of government agencies; specifically, the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) concentrating on analysis, information technology services, and engineering. Our mission objective is to enable actionable intelligence by connecting the right people with the right tools. We believe in the character and integrity of our employees and demonstrate this through limiting traditional bureaucratic activities and empowering employees to make decisions in line with customer expectations and the North Point Defense, Inc. core values of Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Leadership, Integrity, and People. Taking care of our People, both our customers and employees, is our most important value, as it drives our business model and ensures success.
• Casual team-oriented work environment.
• Flexible work schedule.
• Competitive salary.
• 3% Safe Harbor 40l (K) contribution
• Quarterly 401(K) Profit Sharing component
• Currently, NPD offers full time employees an Individual Benefit Account (IBA) to include:
• Health Insurance
• Dental/Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Group Term Life Insurance
• Accidental Death Insurance
• Up to 34 days of Paid Time off per year.
• 6 Paid holidays
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Membership in technical/professional organizations is encouraged and supported to the extent DCAA considers the expense to be allowable.
• Tuition Reimbursement
North Point Defense, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time