GrubHub Seamless: Team Lead Engineering - Diner Order Management at GrubHub Seamless (New York, NY) (New York, NY)
Posted: Nov 8, 2018
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 95,000 restaurants and over 16.4 million diners across 1,700 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
As the Team Lead of the Delivery: Diner Order Management team, you will be responsible for the systems and tools that coordinate communication to Grubhub Diners about their orders. You will work with data scientists, decision engineers, systems engineers, product managers and operations specialists to design and build real-time models and systems to establish accurate order ETA’s, identify early, late and other order state transitions and communicate those status conditions to the diner across a variety of channels and applications. Your team will ensure that the status and ETA’s are displayed and communicated consistently across both diner facing applications as well as care tools.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Build, recruit and manage a talented engineering team.
- Take technical responsibility for a family of systems - manage technical debt, be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement, and work with system engineers to keep our production systems scaling and performing wickedly fast
- Work with product and business leaders to determine the roadmap and deliverables for the diner order management suite of services.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. Be a leader within your team and the organization.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 7+ years experience building highly-scalable applications (delivery or real-time logistics preferred)
- 2+ years in a leadership capacity or 5+ years experience with leadership responsibilities
- Experience with real-time logistics
- Provides mentorship and coaching on career growth and development in a formal setting
- Manages a team of Engineers and provides mentorship and coaching on career growth for People Management responsibility
- Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Experience architecting, designing and developing testable, fault tolerant, and performant software
- AWS experience, or similar cloud-based offerings.
- Automated testing experience applicable for services (Junit/testing, Mockito + Jmeter/Gatling.io)
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB), distributed and or relational databases is desired
- Familiarity or experience with Docker, or similar containerized solutions and Mesos or Kubernetes is a plus.
- Familiarity or experience with linear optimization, analytical models or machine learning will be a strong plus