Ascension: Tech Product Owner at Ascension (Austin, TX) (Austin, TX)
Posted: Sep 12, 2019
We Are HiringHave you heard? Ascension Technologies, one of the largest healthcare information technology services in the country, is making a shift in their IT space! Join the IT revolution with us as we turn our attention from technology that supports our national health system to developing, deploying, and driving technology that will change the face of healthcare. If you enjoy creating something new, dreaming big, and have a passion for your expertise we encourage you to apply!
Why Join Ascension?
With more than 4,000 associates, Ascension Technologies enables access to data across applications, transforming how clinicians and patients interact with technology, which enhances our ability to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. Our associates leverage technology to create collaborative solutions that improve health decisions every day. We believe you should be a tech founder not a fixer thats how we do tech at Ascension technologies.
What You Will DoAs a Product Owner with Ascension Technologies, you will be responsible for maximizing the value of the products created by a scrum development team. To do this, you will wear many hats including business strategist, product designer, market analyst, customer liaison, and project manager. Through exploration and collaboration, you will engage in a rewarding career thats driven by you and powered by Ascension. You will get to work in our brand new, creatively stimulating, office space we are calling the Digital Studio in Austin, TX (#1 in U.S. News Rankings - Best Places to Live). We feel that Innovative thinking is usually done best over a free beverage and thats why our Digital Studio comes stocked and offers a variety of unconventional workspaces. Our goal in this transformation is to hire people who are great at something. Give them new problems to work on. Trust them to be outstanding. Key Responsibilities:
- Lead and coordinate technical delivery within the team, building, fostering, and maintaining leading edge engineering practices
- Oversee the design and implementation for the overall architecture of the application
- Work with the team to implement a robust set of services and APIs to power digital products
- Identify business requirements and translate user stories into tasks for a plan of action within the team
- Oversee the development of reusable code and libraries for future use
- Implement security and data protection
- Coordinate with the UX Designer to translate UI/UX elements from designer to visual elements
- Lead integration of front-end and back-end aspects of the application
What You Will NeedKnowledge
- Extensive knowledge of Agile values, principles and practices (e.g., TDD, CI and CD)
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities, server-side development and microservices, design principles for scalable applications,
- Understanding of various software development frameworks
- Relevant business / computer science degree or relevant experience
- 5-8 years of software development experience (including architecture)
- 2-3 years leadership and coaching experience including on secure coding, testing, and code review topic
- Experience in enterprise integration and setting up application frameworks
Equal Employment OpportunityAscension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf EEO is the Law Poster Supplement