Ascension: Tech Product Owner at Ascension (Chicago, IL) (Chicago, IL)
Posted: Sep 12, 2019
We Are HiringHave you heard? Ascension Technologies, one of the largest healthcare information technology services in the country, is making a shift in their IT space! Join the IT revolution with us as we turn our attention from technology that supports our national health system to developing, deploying, and driving technology that will change the face of healthcare. If you enjoy creating something new, dreaming big, and have a passion for your expertise we encourage you to apply!
Why Join Ascension?With more than 4,000 associates, Ascension Technologies enables access to data across applications, transforming how clinicians and patients interact with technology, which enhances our ability to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. Our associates leverage technology to create collaborative solutions that improve health decisions every day. There are endless opportunities for influence Thats how we do tech at Ascension. Where You Will Work River North is Chicagos most renown area. It's home to the Magnificent Mile, one of the best-known shopping districts in the country, as well as one of the most iconic attractions in the city: Navy Pier. Ascensions workspace is right in the heart of this area inside a historic landmark building with amenities to help feed your creativity. Enjoy lounges, private offices, and conference rooms with stunning views of the Chicago Riverplus an onsite fitness center and a coffee bar with full-time barista. Commuting is a breeze with more than 10 bus lines all within a two-block radius. After work, walk out and enjoy some of the citys best restaurants and entertainment options.
What You Will DoAs a Product Owner with Ascension Technologies, you will be responsible for maximizing the value of the products created by a scrum development team. To do this, you will wear many hats including business strategist, product designer, market analyst, customer liaison, and project manager. Through exploration and collaboration, you will engage in a rewarding career thats driven by you and powered by Ascension. Our goal in this transformation is to hire people who are great at something. Give them new problems to work on. Trust them to be outstanding. Key Responsibilities:
- Manage assignments for installations, conversions and upgrades, and develops implementation plans that ensure minimal impact on end users.
- Collaborate on needs analysis for customer service, upgrades or changes to systems.
- Recommend cost-effective hardware/software solutions.
- Hire, train and manage assigned staff.
- Manage multiple projects, often through subordinate project managers.
- Ensure resources and organization structure are in place and operating effectively; and anticipating conflicting needs and proactively resolving them.
- Direct, develop, and present to management various analyses that include organization, systems, feasibility and cost/benefit studies, implementation plans.
What You Will NeedEducation:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree
- 3 years of experience
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment OpportunityAscension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf EEO is the Law Poster Supplement