Grubhub: Technical Lead - Data / Software Engineering at Grubhub (Philadelphia, PA) (Philadelphia, PA)
Posted: Feb 14, 2019
What you will work on:
- ing how ETL functions across multiple business verticals.
- Build tools to understand how data is flowing throughout our data pipelines
- Take data oriented projects from start to finish, including requirements, scope, architecture, development, releases and maintenance
- Drive code quality throughout the data teams and be an ambassador for the craft of development.
- Design best practices for big data processing throughout the company
- Translate from technical to business, and vice versa. You need to be able to speak with the least technically-minded client (internal or external) and make technology make sense to them. Then turn around and do it the other way
- Working with high volumes of data to efficiently process and expose for analysis
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute
- 2+ years in a leadership/management capacity or 5+ years experience with leadership responsibilities in a technology team (stakeholder communication, project management, mentoring junior members, code reviews, etc)
- 10+ years experience with Python or another general purpose programming language
- SQL is virtually as effortless as your native spoken language
- Expertise with big data toolsets. Bonus if it include Spark, Python, Hive.
- Background in ETL and data processing, know how to transform data to meet business goals
- Experience running agile projects
- Excellent communication, adaptability and collaborative skills
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
What's Actually Required:
And Of Course, Perks!
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.