Apple: Technical UX Designer at Apple (Cupertino, CA) (Cupertino, CA)
Posted: Feb 7, 2019
Apple is working with advanced technologies to build ground-breaking new products. The Technology Development Group is seeking a Technical Designer to act as an interface between our product group and the design teams at Apple, and to help drive development of future facing products. We build technology that inspires people. What inspires you? We are looking for forward-thinkers to work with our group of innovators to help bring their ideas to life.
* Senior level experience (5+ years) crafting user experience solutions and applications for 3D application and/or games
* Strong abilities in sketching, mocking up, and evaluating interaction design
* Real passion for user experience and actioning user feedback
* Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills
* Ability to thrive in a joint working environment within your team and beyond
* Self-starter and able to work independently, and can handle multiple projects under minimal supervision
As a Technical UX Designer you should be able to analyze the content domain, build scenarios and use cases and craft design specifications for the product. Have you advocated for design at all stages of the work and at all organizational levels, and demonstrate a history of close and productive collaboration with software engineers and engineering managers? You will be expected to serve different roles and work on different projects at once.
Some of the responsibilities include:
* Producing design documents that explain your design
* Prototype ideas, experiences and scenarios
* Collaborate with creatives, project managers, and executives to pursue complex 3d problems with simple solutions
* Keep up with the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies and resources
BS or MS in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Information Science, Graphic Design with emphasis on UI design, or Computer Science with emphasis on UI development
* Design for Mac OS X
* Some experience in user research and usability testing Interactive prototyping skills
* Technical writing and communications design
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.