Posted: Jun 10, 2021
About the Role:
- We work with 3 craft clusters; Varanasi, Bhuj and Pochampally.
- Ideal candidate should be able to own and grow product development for the non-stitched apparel category.
- Candidate must be able to envision the category in the larger context of the whole brand and solve for adding considerable business to the brand, through this category. To cull out a sizeable space and business for the textile accessories and non-stitched apparel business.
- Role will include Fabric design, market research, new product development, season on season product additions to widen category.
- To collaborate in HOME and SAREE category to create new designs
- 5 year
- Hands-on work experience in handlooms.
- Preferably someone who has worked in retail - ethnic brands space.
- Exceptional knowledge of Product category - TEXTILE ACCESSORIES and NON STITCHED APPAREL (womenswear and menswear), HOME FURNISHING
- Good working knowledge of fabric technical details (count/ construction, fabric quality) manufacturing for the handloom industry.
- Exceptional software skills in Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
- Good understanding of creative brief, ability to derive motif direction and deliver artworks in CAD
- Good knowledge of Tech pack (Sample Request Form) creation.
Interpersonal/ other Skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work at grassroot level with weaving clusters
- Fluent in Hindi, prefereable