Posted: Jul 30, 2020
For people that love their jobs, the work is easy ? finding those people, is hard. We're actively searching for toy designers who are eager to work in an inclusive environment that praises initiative, curiosity and critical thinking. At Schylling, opportunities outweigh boundaries and we're seeking designers ready to join a team that values your ideas, encourages collaboration and prioritizes project ownership.
At Schylling we have a deep appreciation for toys and product development. This is a home where you can draw upon our collected years of experience, playing, designing and bringing ideas to life. Even our President has a design background and works very closely with our creative team, although this key position reports to our Vice President of Product Development.
We have a clear vison on our team but we're also looking for individuals that challenge our conventions as we continually transform the way we work. If this speaks to you as a toy designer, as a professional, and more importantly as a human being, than we should talk. We're really looking forward to it.
About the Job
Job Requirements and Skills:
· BA or BS in Toy Design, Industrial Design.
· +8 years of professional industrial design experience with a toy or children's products company.
· Demonstrated design experience in the development of products in the toy or children's product category.
· Solid drawing and rendering skills using sketchbook pro and photoshop. Strong 2D visual communication skills required - should be comfortable drawing on a Cintiq tablet with Sketchbook Pro, Photoshop, or similar.
· A desire to collaborate with a team and appreciate the benefits of that experience.
· Possess an entrepreneurial spirit with a business oriented mindset.
· Passion for toys and children's products is essential to be effective in the role.
· Strong knowledge and interest of toy industry trends, leading brands, products, and what's emerging.
· Experience with daily manufacturing partner communication.
· Proficient in all phases of design process ? preliminary, development and production.
· Have the passion to keep up with new creative trends.
· Be a driving force and part of the team responsible for new ideation.
· Lead all aspects involving the design of Schylling products from initial product strategy, ideation, product design & engineering execution to final production.
· Lead the planning and necessary problem solving for producing product concepts
· Create design concepts, 3D models, 3D printed prototypes, drawings and specifications that provide clear and precise direction for manufacturing and production.
· Coordination of communicating all specifications and design files to effectively lead the engineering initiatives with overseas manufacturing partners, ensuring development goals are clearly understood and achieved.
· Work with team leads in managing schedules to ensure on-time delivery of products.
What we offer:
· A chance to grow in an environment that appreciates you as an individual.
· Competitive salary and consideration for annual bonus incentives.
· Medical, dental, vision, matching 401K, flexible spending plans, company paid life insurance, paid time off and product discounts.
Schylling Inc. is an award-winning Toy and Gift Company and makers of the original Lava Lamp. For over forty years, Schylling has specialized in the creation of timeless toys and innovative gifts that appeal to consumers of all ages. Our company is located in the beautiful and historic East Mill in North Andover, MA.