Spinmaster: Toy Designer (Contract) (Toronto)
Posted: May 18, 2017
We are looking for a talented Temporary/Contract Toy Designer to contribute to the early exploration and development of our Interactive Pets brands.
- Ideation of physical and digital play experiences
- Prepare sketch drawings of potential product ideas and concepts
- Aid in Concept Development for existing brands and new areas of expansion
- Assist in presentations for review of product design concepts
- Prepare final technical drawings and 3D models of new products
- Proven ability to translate ideas visually and verbally
- Prepare various product description / documentation forms required by the Engineering and Production Departments for turnover of final product designs for manufacturing
- At least 1 year of experience or co-op experience in Product Design within the toy or hard goods industry. Plastics, electronics, and/or mechanical experience is a plus
- Degree in Industrial Design, Toy Design or Product Design
- Strong creative, artistic skills and the ability to integrate these skills with functional utility to product needs
- Must have passion and enthusiasm for making and playing with toys
- Technical knowledge of materials and processes
- Strong proficiency in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong 3-D and structural design competencies
- Ability to keep up with several projects simultaneously and assist with taking products from initial concept through to production
- Must show ability to understand the marketplace and develop product to address real opportunities
We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
All Internal applications / referrals, please contact your Talent Acquisition Specialist @ Spin Master.