UI/UX Designer - Product Designer (m/f/d). 100% Remote
Posted: Jul 25, 2022
Jaumo is a social experience app that creates exciting social opportunities to help people meet others, make new friends, and socialize. Our app not only connects people but provides a dynamic user experience that encourages people to post less and socialize more.
We're a bootstrapped, fully remote company based in Germany with a distributed team of 35+ people working from 15 countries worldwide. Over the last ten years, we've built a sustainable business in a fast-growing and competitive sector.
The social apps in our portfolio have been downloaded more than 100M times, and we're one of the world's largest independent social discovery app developers. Today, Jaumo has an average 4.6-star rating on the Google Play store (one of the highest in our category). Join our team and help us build a product that humanizes the way people socialize online.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a creative, highly energetic product designer who works collaboratively with other designers, developers, and digital professionals. You'll play a key role in executing our product strategy and implementing your expertise through UX and UI within our applications.
You will be a signification voice in the product team and take full ownership of our design system. We are looking for a hungry designer with a wide array of design capabilities, from strategic thinking and problem solving to pixel-perfect interface design, visual design, and functional prototyping.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT
- You will work on something meaningful. Many businesses say they change lives, but we actually do it. We've helped millions of people around the world to find new friends, love, and happiness ? the collection of Jaumo weddings, babies, and anniversaries grows every year!
- A great work-life balance. Work whenever you want from wherever you are. We care about results, not hours. This is a remote role in a fully remote international team. You are free to work from anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- As a fact- and engineering-driven company, we have a 'no bullshit' policy
- You can enjoy 30 days of paid vacation and a competitive salary
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You'll be in charge of driving the build of a streamlined, simple, and delightful user experience for our award-winning apps for Android and iOS - used by millions of monthly active users
- Design each screen on which a user interacts and ensure that the UI visually communicates the desired UX path
- Partner with the product owner, engineers, and our growth team to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interaction, and launch new features for a global audience
- Be the primary point of contact on all things related to UI and UX and hand off assets to our Engineers
- Maintain and improve our design system
- Be responsible for researching user behavior and motivation through surveying and usability testing
YOU WILL BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION IF YOU
- bring a minimum of 2+ years of experience as a Product Designer for a mobile app
- have a great understanding of UI ergonomics and user experience design
- are familiar with Figma and Figma prototypes
- bonus: have experience in user research and testing, e.g. with Maze
- are proactive, resourceful, and entrepreneurial, with little need for supervision
- have strong project management, execution, and excellent verbal/written communication skills
- preferably have experience working on a similar mobile consumer product like a social app or casual games
- speak and write business-fluent English
If this profile matches your expertise, experience, and aspirations, we'd be delighted to receive your complete application, including references and your portfolio.