Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company: UX Designer (Drupal experience a must) at Yoh, A Day & Zimmermann Company (Philadelphia, PA) (Philadelphia, PA)
Posted: Feb 13, 2019
MUST HAVE DRUPAL EXPERIENCE
1. During the sales cycle, help strategize directions for potential projects and participate in business development activity, such as vendor interviews and assistance with proposal writing.
2. Plan and conduct discovery workshops with clients and derive insights from discovery activity to help formulate design concepts.
3. Develop data-driven strategies by conducting research on user behavior patterns using focus groups, Google Analytics, and other user research tools.
4. Develop strategic and maintainable content and layout systems for clients.
5. Evaluate business process and develop requirements and user stories for major site features.
6. Define sitemaps, content types, and taxonomies.
7. Develop wireframes, workflows, and schema diagrams.
8. Implement best practices for SEO and Accessibility standards in designs.
9. Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of designers, information architects, project managers, and developers to deliver content and design approaches that meet client business goals.
10. Lead weekly Design Team project allocation meetings and update assignments with project managers.
11. Run daily Design Team agile scrum, helping team members determine priorities and resolve bottlenecks.
12. Run biweekly Design Team meetings to refine and document processes, share best practices,
and promote innovation in our design practice.
13. Meet monthly with the Principal to establish Design Team priorities and report on progress.
14. Support and mentor junior team members through monthly meetings focused on project and client concerns, as well as skills development and professional growth.
15. Provide input to the Principal on team members performance to support regular
16. Represent agency at conferences, camps, and industry events.
17. Provide thought leadership within the agency; develop blog posts and deliver conference
sessions to demonstrate thought leadership to potential clients and external partners.
Required Skills and Experience
A candidate should have:
1. A bachelors degree, preferably but not necessarily in digital design, psychology, or a related field.
2. At least six years of professional experience as a UX designer, visual designer, or in a digital design or strategy role.
3. Direct experience conducting user research, audience definition, and/or market
4. Direct experience designing and leading discovery engagements with clients.
5. Substantial experience serving in a client-facing and leadership role in a digital or creative agency.
6. Understanding of agency business models and principles of resource allocation, overhead, and profitability.
7. Strong writing, communication, and organizational skills.
8. Experience developing wireframes, layouts, and digital strategy.
9. Experience designing for Drupal, WordPress, or other content management systems.
10. Demonstrated examples of original website designs, either through wireframes, mockups, or other documentation.
11. Strong knowledge of user experience (UX) design, including design for usability and human-centered design.
Ideal Skills and Experience
An ideal candidate would have:
1. Knowledge of Google Analytics and/or SEO
2. Understanding of web accessibility
3. Experience working in an agile team environment
4. Experience working with nonprofit organizations, universities, or foundations