Google: UX Engineer, Front End at Google (Boulder, CO) (Boulder, CO)
Posted: Feb 6, 2019
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, HCI, Design, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience designing and implementing user interfaces (UIs).
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with and passion for user-interface design.
- Demonstrated sense of web design and attuned to the fundamentals of user experience, including accessibility.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external), demonstrated problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
About the job
Google UX Engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your next career step.
Our team works to build applications that enable people to seamlessly collaborate and accomplish complex tasks together. Were on a mission to build apps that will be a refreshing change from the usual enterprise products and tools.
User experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. Our multidisciplinary UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and performance. We collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Googles philosophy: Focus on the user and all else will follow.
- Work closely with UX designers, project managers and back-end engineers to implement versatile front-end solutions to web development issues.
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices in order to push the limits of what a browser can do.
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Launch, iterate and make a difference. Provide front-end coding expertise, and help make our products better for users.
- Design and develop the front ends of user-facing products.