The HT Group: UX/UI Designer at The HT Group (Austin, TX) (Austin, TX)
Posted: Jan 12, 2019
UX/UI Designer Direct Hire Austin, TX
Our client is a well-funded startup in the mobile services industry and they are adapting new technologies to help businesses analyze data and identify risk to make loans easier for everyone. To keep up with their growth, they are searching for a talented Node.js Developer that can join the team and contribute immediately. As a career opportunity this position is intended to convert into a permanent role in an employee focused culture.
- Design mood boards, comps (with and without wireframes), concept sketches, presentation decks and storyboards under minimal direction of the projects creative leadmust show assertive desire to make design choices and support them. Presents new concepts to clients and stakeholders.
- Responsible for asset gathering/creation and organizing as well as prep for production
- Performs photo retouching and enhancements as necessary
- Researches and reviews suitable illustrations, photography or stock photos
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of style guides/online design libraries to accompany the UX design language as well as the client brand imperatives
- Assists projects creative lead in necessary research and preparation of client presentation materials and/or production art
- Minimum 5 years UXD, preferably in agency or product development environment. Has led and directed a team of visual and UX designers.
- Solid command of design fundamentalscomposition, balance, color, weighting and typography. Illustrative or hand skills are a plus.
- Strong awareness of the digital landscape and convergence of IoT, mobile and web.
- Strong awareness of delivery methodologies with an emphasis on Agile
- Has good understanding of digital best practices, with an emphasis on mobile.
- Applicants must provide a portfolio with examples of mobile work (wireframes, app maps etc.), large-scale software solutions, and/or web-based applications (a strong digital design portfolio with examples of mobile and IoT work preferred)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time, organize and prioritize workload, and work efficiently under pressure in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to utilize feedback/direction from creative lead to generate multiple design explorations and iterate those designs to the satisfaction of the creative lead