truckstop.com: UX/UI Designer at truckstop.com (Fox River Grove, IL) (Fox River Grove, IL)
Posted: Jan 3, 2019
Truckstop.com is seeking a UX/UI Designer for our Fox River Grove (Chicago), IL location.
Truckstop.com is looking for a talented User Experience Designer to join our Product Development Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing best-in-class experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment. This role will work closely and partner with product management, engineering and company leaders to successfully go from early stage product concepts to launch.
We are the one-stop connection between carriers, brokers, and shippers. Founded in 1995 as the first freight-matching marketplace to hit the Web, Truckstop.com has grown to provide load planning, transportation management, telematics, route optimization, real-time rates, powerful negotiation tools, and other logistics solutions. Truckstop.com is recognized as the leading resource for transportation data and trends including the weekly Trans4Cast, which informs outlets like BB&T and Bloomberg Financial. Additionally, Truckstop.com also serves as the largest credit reporting entity in the transportation industry, helping companies guard against fraud and choose the right partners for their business.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and product management teams to translate user needs into wireframes, prototypes, and other visual designs which effectively communicate high-level design strategies and detailed interaction behaviors.
- Incorporate feedback from customers, developers and design team members.
- Gain buy-in from all stakeholders for designs/wireframes/prototypes.
- Create any necessary digital assets and work closely with lead UX designer to implement the designs.
- Develop test plans, execute the tests, analyze the results and make recommendations based on test findings.
- Execute interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Be a self-starter who can quickly jump in without a lot of direction and learn by asking the right questions.
- Ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex user design issues into clean, understandable solutions.
- Two or more years of user experience design experience for software, web applications which leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices.
- Must be proficient in Axure RP, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Expertise generating interactive prototypes.
- Expertise in user-centered design methods and best practices.
- Knowledge and experience in both web and mobile UX/UI design.
- Strong understanding of visual design fundamentals: layout, typography, color, composition, etc.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- A diverse web-based portfolio that showcases your work.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or other design related field.
- Understanding of common software project management practices.
- Understanding of common software development methodologies and practices.
- Experience in the transportation and logistics industry.
Must be or become familiar with company products and navigate the company's programs, processes and systems in a reasonable amount of time. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; make presentations to both executive and technical audiences; maintain cooperative effective working relationships within company. Manage own time to meet department goals and deadlines; strong organizational skills a must. Exhibit a high level of professionalism, confidence, and commitment to the company's goals.
We believe a brand is only as good as the people behind it. We're proud of the team we've built and we're continually on the lookout for quality additions. If you're interested in joining the folks responsible for our growing company, please APPLY!