Posted: Apr 5, 2021
We have an immediate need for a product designer to join our team!
As a designer at Rugs USA, you will have an immediate and direct impact on the website. You will be tasked with understanding the entire scope of an E-Commerce site (search pages, product pages, checkout, account service, etc.) and design best-in-class solutions and features.
We value ownership within your domain and a self-starting, entrepreneurial outlook.
You will be expected to interface with the business and development teams and carry projects from inception through development ready designs (hi-fidelity mockups and prototypes with detailed specifications).
The key areas of responsibilities include:
· Collaborating with business and technical teams to develop best-in-class products
· Understanding the competitive landscape and how to elevate Rugs USA above the pack
· Wearing multiple hats related UX, UI, IA, and IX
· Conducting remote user research and testing
· Creating wireframes, user flows, and prototypes
· Designing responsive, mobile first mockups
· Understanding the business KPIs that drive success and frame and measure project success through that lens
· Conveying business, layout, and interaction requirements to the Engineering Team
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business with an emphasis in computer science, or a related field is preferred.
· A minimum of 2 years' experience as a designer in the E-Commerce space
· Mobile-first responsive design
· Portfolio of relevant design projects with background information on your role and decision making
· Experience with modern digital design tools like Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch
· Deep understanding of information design / architecture and customer psychology
· Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work
· Experience in working with a cross-functional team or large-scale software development lifecycle with agile methodologies
· Willingness to complete a test project as part of the hiring process (compensation will be provided)
· Background in product management and ticket writing as well as experience conducting user tests through UserTesting.com or other comparable services, a plus