Veyo: UX/UI Product Designer at Veyo (San Diego, CA) (San Diego, CA)
Posted: Jan 3, 2019
Veyo is using its platform and app-based transportation services to reinvent the medical logistics world. Our company is using technology to pioneer new operational models to help make transportation more powerful and more reliable for the healthcare industry.
When you work at Veyo, youre helping to solve one of the nations growing healthcare challenges -- ensuring patients get to and from their medical appointments, safely and on-time. We are using smart design and innovative technology to make patient transportation safer and more connected. In the process, were transforming the entire industry.
- Work alongside product managers to shape the strategy and develop the design direction for Veyos product portfolio, features and customer experiences
- Collaborate with team members including product, development, QA and data
- Own and drive the UX strategy and planning for new product features
- Advocate for users and user centered design practices
- Work with variety of stakeholder to deliver best experience for end users that meet business objectives and goals
- Think big to distill complicated problems into simple and elegant solutions
- Work in an agile development process and thrive in an environment with short feedback loops
- Flexibility when dealing with changes, challenges and adversity
- Proactive in seeking opportunities to improve and expand personal skills and experience
- Facilitate stakeholder interviews, design workshops, design reviews and usability tests
- Explore conceptual mock-ups for new design patterns, interaction models and navigation schemes
Skills and Experience
- 3 - 7 years experience as a product design work on a in house agile software team
- Passion for user experience and design
- A BA degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Visual Communication or related field
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Effectively implemented user-centered design principles and have applied these skills in past projects with work on a software team
- Experience with a variety of UI design patterns including Google material design and iOS human interface guidelines
- Strong design and typographic skills with a visual aptitude (color theory, and layout)
- Expert level experience with Sketch, Abstract, Zeplin and Adobe Photoshop
- Experience prototyping using Axure, Framer, InVision, After Effects or pen and paper and conducting usability tests
- Experience using data to inform design and product decisions as well as optimize and iterate to improve performance
- Knowledge of front-end development (HTML, CSS, JS) is a plus
- Knowledge of JS framework (Angular, Bootstrap, React, Node.js) is a plus
- An impressive portfolio demonstrating the successful delivery of innovative software interface design solutions for web, desktop and/or mobile devices is a must
We like the following personality traits: Friendly, social, outgoing, positive, passionate, cool under pressure, detail-oriented, deadline oriented, quick learner, multi-tasker, great sense of humor.
Were looking for people that love the opportunity to be involved in strategy and management at the top level, but also arent scared to get their hands dirty and do what needs to be done to make things happen! We move quickly, and our team doesnt know the meaning of not my job. We want people that want to get things done and can check their ego at the door.
We thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. This position is only for candidates legally allowed to work in the US. EOE.
Veyo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.