Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.®: UX Web Designer at Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.® (Louisville, KY) (Louisville, KY)
Posted: Mar 25, 2020
Community banks and credit unions are the backbone of our communities and our economy. It’s our mission to make sure they can compete with the big banks and emerging financial technology challengers when it comes to providing beautiful and high-value experiences to their customers. To support this mission, Jack Henry & Associates is seeking to hire an enthusiastic Web Designer who will focus on creating cutting edge and painless online bill payer user experiences.
Candidates will have a primary focus on front-end coding and will design and implement technologies that enhance the end-user experience, usability of products, processes, and systems for customers. Ideal candidates will understand business and client requirements, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flower customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
The iPay Development department focuses on architecture, innovation and strategic products development to meet our customer needs. Candidates will be joining a small team of web designers and developers who are dispersed between Elizabethtown and Louisville offices.
This position can be hired in Elizabethtown, KY or Louisville, KY.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in UI/UX design.
- Must have a portfolio link on your resume, or a combined resume and portfolio PDF in order to be considered for the position.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Experience in Rapid Prototyping Software (Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, or Invision Studio) a plus.
- General Knowledge of ADA/WCAG web usage standards for disabilities.
- General understanding of .net development, C#, and jQuery a plus.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Visual Studio, and Dreamweaver.
- Consults with customers to determine and document the goals for the web site, content organization and general layout of the site. Uses Creative Briefs to design concepts to meet the business objectives of the organization.
- Develops and designs interfaces, front pages and tools to navigate a web site. Designs HTML prototypes, visual interfaces and interaction of web-based applications.
- Designs and evaluates visual human interfaces utilizing user-centered design principles. Works with product development team to design online user experiences.
- May test, debug and implement web pages, ensuring functionality across different browser types.
- Determines the look and feel of the site. Produces graphic sketches, designs, and copy layouts for online content. Uses knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts in design process. Implements web design parameters, style guides and visual standards, including but not limited to, graphics, icons, resolution, vector-based graphics, color schemes, etc. Establishes and produces graphic material for use in advertising and promotion of online services and products.
- Provides ongoing design maintenance of the website.
- Keeps abreast of internet standards, technologies, web design parameters, style guides and visual standards.