Video Content Creator
Posted: May 4, 2021
Location: Central London
Hours: Full time ( 5 days a week - with some weekend work)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Summary of Role:
Are you passionate about creating engaging, trend-leading content? Do you love all things ramen, mochi and maybe a cheeky sake too? We're looking for a highly motivated Content Creator to establish a new approach to engaging video and live content, equally comfortable behind as well as in-front of the camera.
You will be responsible for creating engaging, shareable video content with a touch of humour and education for the Japan Centre Group of companies including Shoryu Ramen, Ichiba, Heddon Yokocho and Japan Centre retail sites.
Working across all four brands, you will have excellent organisational skills, being able to multi-task and feel confident working in a fast paced environment. You will be creative, always thinking of new and better ways to do things and be passionate about keeping up to date with new trends and developments in retail, hospitality, marketing and video.
Highly skilled and experienced in creating video content for instagram, TikTok and other leading social platforms using handheld camera and mobile.
You will work alongside the Head of Marketing to help develop and manage the video and content strategy for Japan Centre Group.
- Set up and establish a fun, full and vibrant TikTok account for Japan Centre Group.
- Create ongoing video content for TikTok, YouTube and other brand social channels to showcase our range of products, recipes and food inspiration, DIY kits and restaurant brand following each brand guidelines.
- Create a range of how-to videos for Japan Centre and in-depth product videos to explain products to our customers, to help increase understanding and help to drive online and retail sales.
- Assist the Digital team with video content creation in order to promote and run our Japan Centre Cooking school offering and special events.
- Work confidently behind and in front of the camera, presenting on instagram live, stories and YouTube and interviewing staff and customers.
- Work with the Marketing Department and Digital & Ecommerce, Design teams to showcase product launches and ranges, seasonal food & drink fairs, brand collaborations, and offers - creating engaging content as part of the marketing campaign.
- Work in conjunction with the Head of Marketing and the marketing and design team on promotional campaigns for Shoryu, and Heddon Yokocho, new menus and dining areas to increase brand awareness and bookings.
- Find and create solid relationships with a range of 3rd party influencers to create video content for Japan Centre Group.
- Research new channels and opportunities for marketing to customers through video.
- Analyse and research competitors and other complementary brands and be aware of current trends in the restaurant, retail sectors as well as video and content creation and implement these findings.
- Understand each brand's positioning, visual identity and key messaging and ensure that each video follows each brand guidelines.
- In conjunction with the Marketing & Digital teams, schedule the video content for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, TikTok, Youtube and other platforms as they arise for restaurant and retail brands.
- React to new trends quickly and produce brand content to match.
- Work autonomously and confidently to create engaging video content with little supervision after sign off with the Head of Brand Creative.
- Be able to monitor key metrics and contribute to monthly marketing reports to include stats on marketing activity undertaken.
- Able to confidently create and edit video in different formats to suit a variety of channels and use.
- Carry out related marketing duties and ad hoc requests as assigned by the Head of Marketing.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures including General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
- Graduate with a marketing qualification is desirable / or experience in video or content creation
- Relevant marketing experience in the hospitality & retail sector, would be highly desirable
- In depth knowledge and experience of Japanese & Asian culture, products and cuisine, is essential either through work, study or through personal social accounts
- Experience of creating quality video content for a hospitality or retail brand is essential
- An appreciation and some knowledge of the Japanese language would be preferable
- Minimum of 2 years video and content creation experience would be preferable
Skills & Attributes
- Excellent numerical and IT skills including (MS Office ? Word, Excel and Outlook, Google Sheets, Documents and Slides)
- Confident user of Adobe software including Photoshop and Premiere
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment, while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently and as part of the marketing team to implement marketing campaigns
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with customers, suppliers and stakeholders
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong video creation and editing skills
- Team player, with ability to get the brief across with minimal copy
- Flair for creativity and humour
- Passionate foodie who is into the latest restaurants, places to shop and all things digital