Posted: Jan 13, 2022
Video Editor for Video Production Company (Bellevue)
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
An experienced (5+ years[SF1] [RC2] ) Premiere Pro Video Editor to work on a wide variety of branded and other corporate projects for tech-forward Fortune 100 corporate clients. You should be comfortable working on a wide range of content - case studies, sizzle reels, prepping content for live productions, etc. You understand branding/advertising and create compelling work. You create, collaborate, lead, iterate and meet deadlines. Working within brand guidelines, you use independent judgement and strong verbal skills to present concepts. You have experience collaborating with motion graphics artists and can work with provided After Effects projects.
- Successfully complete a variety of projects including live-event post-editing on extreme deadlines, case studies, sizzle reels, social media content, training videos, tradeshow content, talk shows, keynote videos for large events and other formats as needed;
- Independently manage the organization of project media and assets throughout the editorial process;
- Complete assignments in a timely manner with a constant awareness of review cycles and deadlines;
- Work on multiple projects concurrently, utilizing reasonable discretion to balance competing time constraints while maintaining quality;
- Work closely with client creative lead and entire production team in a collaborative and efficient manner to consistently deliver high quality work to clients;
- Deliver consistent outputs based on client specifications;
- Execute edit notes from producers, clients, and management without supervision. Prioritize effectively using independent judgement.
- Continually research and evaluate industry trends in line with the company's production needs to propose implementation of new technology to support, streamline and improve the post-production process;
- Analyze timelines, set accurate estimates for delivery expectations and effectively inform applicable stakeholders via status updates;
- Independently manage priorities and workload to meet all schedules and deadlines;
- Take the initiative to stay current regarding editing trends (both creative and tech) to help ensure the company remains competitive.
- A minimum of 5 years as an editor in a corporate or broadcast environment
- Proven editing skills using Adobe Creative Suite;
- Strong project management, communication skills, attention to detail, and professionalism;
- Microsoft Office-proficient;
- Able to self-manage and determine timelines and deliverables;
- Ability to multi-task and communicate well;
- Boundless creativity supported by discipline; and
- Ability to take client feedback gracefully and incorporate it into revisions.
Essential Job functions:
- Work Environment:
- Employee is generally required to work at our office in Bellevue. Currently, this person will be working from home, unless on site for a specific production. If allowed by current government orders, an essential job function of this role is to be physically on location, as determined by the production. All productions will be run in accordance with governmental orders and COVID-19 safety protocols.
- This role routinely requires the use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and printers;
- This position routinely requires one to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or run and to do so outside, occasionally in inclement weather;
- The ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; and
- Must be able to operate various electronic devices including recording, video and photography equipment; and
- Must be able to work at a computer or audio equipment for long periods of time.
- Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position. The office generally operates 9am-5pm, but days and hours of this position may vary week-to-week. A willingness to work different schedules including weekends, nights, holidays, long shifts (10+ hours), and/or travel as needed is required for individual productions.
- Other Duties:
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may be added as necessary.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical / Vision / Dental plan
- 401(k) savings opportunity
- Discretionary time off
- Paid holidays
- Cell phone allowance
- Friendly and fun office environment
- All applicants MUST submit a cover letter outlining qualifications and job experience as well as a resume to be considered for this position.
- We receive a high volume of applicants and are unable to respond to all of them. Please know that we will be in touch with candidates moving forward in the interview process.
- If you are determined to be qualified and offered a position, please note that employment with the company is contingent on passing a criminal background check.
- Mighty Media Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment with the Mightiest employees. We hire qualified applicants and treat employees equally without regard to race, religion, gender, color, age, disability, pregnancy, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, military status, or any other category protected by law. If you require an accommodation in interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please note that in your application. We are committed to ensuring that everyone has an excellent interview experience!
JOB TITLE: Video Editor
REPORTS TO: Executive in Charge of Production
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt, Salary