BCG Digital Ventures, London: VisaDash - Senior Engineer (React, Node, Serverless) at BCG Digital Ventures, London (London, UK) (London, UK)
Posted: Mar 14, 2019
We're hiring for a pragmatic, enthusiastic and seasoned engineer to join the VisaDash team!
VisaDash is a start-up built in partnership by BCG Digital Ventures and VFS, a world leader in visas and identity management. We've built a brand new product revolutionising the business visa process, building a seamless and user-friendly solution.
We've built the MVP with TypeScript, React, Node, AWS and AWS Lambda; we'll ideally look for someone with most of these skills or a willingness to learn!
You'll be reporting directly to the VisaDash CTO, collaborating in a high calibre team of product managers, designers and engineers, to build a successful product and business.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborating with a team of engineers and designers across the team to ensure we deliver an empowering user experience
- Communicating ideas across the cross-functional team in an effective manner
- Sharing technical solutions and product ideas through design reviews, pair programming, code reviews and discussions
- Utilising a proactive and responsive approach to problem solving
- Implementing highly scalable and maintainable frontend services, and working with business specialists and visual designers to design optimal solutions
- Working with ES6, React, Node, AWS, Serverless
What are we looking for?
- Sustained experience in professional software development, ideally with experience in ES6, React and /or Node
- Experience with AWS or similar
- Experience with Serverless is highly desirable
- An appreciation for design, with a focus on building elegant applications that are pleasing to the eye
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- A preference for working with cross-disciplinary teams to introduce and enhance behaviour and test-driven approaches, resulting in clean, elegant code and application architectures
- Experience of working with team members to encourage the writing of clean, elegant code using test-first approaches
- A background working in teams using Agile approaches