Posted: Aug 14, 2019
Visual Designer (Freelancer) ? New York, NY
Cornerstone is a recognized global human capital management leader with a core belief that companies thrive when they help their employees to realize their potential. Putting this belief into practice, Cornerstone offers solutions to help companies strategically manage and continuously develop their talent throughout the entire employee lifecycle.
Cornerstone Studios is leading Cornerstone's foray into original content creation. Comprised of experts in storytelling, learning design, production, and creative vision - Cornerstone Studios is a bi-coastal operation that focuses on creating modern, innovative, and consumer-grade learning content for its 40+ million users.
Cornerstone Studios ? is looking for a Visual Designer, this is a freelancer position. This position reports to the Creative Director.
In this role you will...
- Work closely with the Creative Director and other members of the Cornerstone Studios content creation team to develop styles, templates, iconography, typography, illustrations, and all supporting visual graphics to be used within our content
- Apply conceptual thinking to create world-class visual design support across multiple touchpoints and media outputs across Cornerstone Studios and companywide
- Ensure all deliverables are tracked accordingly using Wrike, our project management tool
You have what it takes if you have...
- A portfolio of diverse design projects that demonstrate proven creative expertise
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Expert in Adobe Suite design software (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), and familiar with MS Office and Google suites
- Strong understanding of graphic design fundamentals - including typography, grids, layout, color and the ability to communicate ideas through graphics, photography or illustration
- Fluency in the basic concepts and terminology of modern web development, digital, and interaction design
- Experience implementing and launching visual design systems and digital consumer experiences across a range of platforms in an iterative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise, and creative manner
Extra dose of awesome if you have...
- BA in Visual Communications, Graphic Design or equivalent curriculum
- Experience in animation/motion graphics; solid understanding of video production processes
- An evangelist for design culture and thinking
- A natural leader who values people, craft, quality, and humility
- A creative problem-solver who is resourceful, efficient, and strategic with a meticulous eye for detail
- Organized, detailed-oriented, and able to handle multiple priorities at once
- Proactive and able to work individually as well as part of a team
- Able to manage your time efficiently and have the ability to work under pressure and hit deadlines