MapLarge: Visual Designer at MapLarge () (allows remote)
Posted: Apr 3, 2021
We are looking for a talented hands-on Visual Designer to create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI and design skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces for our developers to build.
Comfortable with Data Driven UI: At MapLarge we deliver user experiences with hundreds of dynamic reusable data driven components that often automatically re-assemble themselves into different configurations automatically based on user context, events and data queries. Our user interfaces come with clever, opinionated defaults that make common workflows easy, but are also reconfigurable either by end users or developers with a deep suite of API options.
Comfortable with Multifaceted Problems: A successful candidate will be able to communicate with product managers and engineers about design and user experience issues that need to be solved in a way that generalizes across many different product configurations.
Skills: Visual Designer responsibilities include designing graphic elements and navigation components for our UI. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, dialogs, tabs and widgets
- Design page elements like buttons, inputs, and search fields
- Develop UI mockups that clearly illustrate how site elements should function and what they will look like
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UI/UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Proven work experience as a Visual Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Wireframe.cc and InVision)
- Up-to-date experience with design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
Who We Need
Cultural Fit - While we hire all kinds of people and invent roles to fit them, there are key traits we require of every team member that really define our team.
- Fun to Work With - Life is short and work should be fun.
- Extremely Smart - We work on cutting edge hard problems and we need people who can both architect and code these systems at the same time while working with a highly intelligent peer group.
- Passionate Builders - We need people who really love building amazing products and exhibit the energy and creativity that comes from being fully engaged in what you do.
- Experienced with Software Development - We need a experienced person with a successful history in software development using tools like JIRA who can hit the ground running.
- US Person based anywhere in the US (100% remote allowed but no offshore)
- 5+ years of Professional experience in similar roles
- Highly Comfortable with web browser based user interfaces
- Experienced interacting with both technical and non technical teams
What we value most in terms of experience for this role is seeing that candidates have done a similar role before at a well run company. In other words that they have worked somewhere with a good process and have been trained to do their day to day tasks well. Great candidates should not only will be easy to train, but they should also be able to contribute good ideas for improving our processes based on practical experience.
Full time: We are seeking a full time person for this role.
Remote Working: This role will allow working from home 100% of the time anywhere in the US (no offshore applicants please).
MapLarge is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. MapLarge is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.