Visual Designer Intern
Posted: May 3, 2021
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
About the SAP Internship Experience Program:
SAP Internship Experience Program is SAP's global, paid internship program that provides university students with the opportunities to find purpose in their careers.
Three reasons to intern at SAP:
- Culture of collaboration: meet with mentors, make new friends across the globe and create a thriving personal network.
- Project-driven experience: gain cross-functional skills from our virtual and in-person learning sessions, diverse subject matter experts, and project deliverables.
- Gain visibility: with Internship Experience Project in your title, you'll have a global network of SAP leaders, entrepreneurs and career development opportunities at your fingertips.
About the team:
As a Visual Designer at SAP, you'll design engaging, inspiring, and exciting experiences to help our customers envision how technology can pave the way for the future of business. You should possess exceptional design skills (space, typography, color, iconography), a great sense of aesthetics, and be a natural storyteller, relying on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals, from concept to execution.
You don't need to be a master in every tool or every aspect of visual design, but you should be comfortable as a design generalist with a diverse toolkit to understand, build, and communicate an end-to-end experience. The Visual Designer will produce presentations, videos, and similar graphic assets, as well as support application design projects with the innovation team in processes such as researching, designing, innovating, and prototyping new user experiences.
You'll be working with the Innovation Squad, part of the Solution Advisory, a multidisciplinary team focused on innovation initiatives internally and with customers, to guide the organization by example delivering great user experiences and effective tools and methods to improve the way people work.
What you'll do:
Position Title: SAP iXp Intern - Visual Designer
Location: São Paulo, RS, Brazil
In this role, you'll:
The working student will assist with various operational tasks such as but not limited to:
- Create designs for defined customer scenarios, building upon business and technical knowledge gathered by the team specialists
- Imagine and conceive design concepts and projects from creative briefs or messaging strategies and then implement chosen concepts
- Create graphic diagrams and animations to explain how products and processes work
- Determines best design solutions based on customer feedback and business goals and helps to determine overall direction, identifying challenges and adapting as needed based on the context of the solution and customer.
- Create high-quality design proposals, and drive projects from concept to implementation with minimal guidance. Help cultivate a creative culture within the team and to the broader organization.
- Foster the defining and sharing of design patterns, standards and guidelines, artifact reuse, and consistency across team members.
Who you are:
We're looking for someone who takes initiative, perseveres, and stay curious. You like to work on meaningful innovative projects and are energized by lifelong learning.
- Currently enrolled in a degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Digital Design, Advertising, or a related field.
- A design portfolio that demonstrates design principles knowledge applied.
- At least 2 years of availability to conclude the full internship program.
- An excellent portfolio showcasing visual design, web design, or UI work with a strong design sensibility and articulate storytelling. Evidence of exceptional design ability is a must.
- Produce designs that accurately reflect a visual design language or brand guidelines. Use a broad range of styles that can be consistently executed with an aesthetic voice that is also consistent, though not restricting.
- Must be proficient and skilled in Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, Figma/XD (or other Prototyping Tools), and other design tools.
- Be comfortable and interested in experimenting with different resources and skills as AR, Game Design, Data Visualization, etc, even if has no or little knowledge.
- Relevant internship work, work experience, or personal project experience outside the classroom in interaction, graphic, or motion design.
- Demonstrated proficiency with design tools (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, After Effects, Adobe XD, PowerPoint, etc), and familiarity with front-end engineering and/or working with engineers.
- Understanding of user-centered design principles, with the ability to apply brand visual assets in a user interface context or product.
Follow @SAPiXp on Instagram and don't miss anything about our experiences worldwide!
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment ? apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.